logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Hi Alanda,

The issue that you are describing looks like a videocard problem

As a general rule, check if your computer meets the program requirements. If so, try these resources

1 - Check the website of your video card manufacturer and update the drivers

2 - Go to the video setup on your PC (may be different for different versions of Windows and video card); for most, click on an empty part of the windows Desktop, click on Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot. Back the accelerations slider, one level each time and see if the problem disappears. For Windows 7 --> Right Click on your desktop. --> Personalize --> display --> Change Display settings--> Advanced

3 - Right click on the wallpaper (look for a place without icons)--> Properties--> Settings--> Advanced--> Open GL--> Compatibility Settings--> Force 16 bits--> Apply--> OK

4 - Set your video color depth at 24 or 32 bits ("true color")

5 - Go to www.microsoft.com/directx, and see what version is current and check if you have this version installed in your computer

6 - Some NVidia card users reported additional problems--> in this case change the color settings from 32 bit to 16 bit

Now, if you the accelerations controls are not available, this means that you don't have a dedicated memory for video. In this case, go to the control panel of your video chip / adapter --> performance --> move the control and set down the performance. This may help

You'll find several discussions about this issue here, at the Forum--> search with the keywords "black screen" or "frozen image" or "texture going to the grass" or "texture going to the sky"

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Alanda  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Alanda

I am trying to make a house that has a 2 door garage that have a gable roof. The 1st garage door is two feet in front ahead of the second one. Now when I try to make the wall for the gabled roof for the 1st garage that behind the second, but the wall only covers half of the roof because the other roof is in front of it. How do I get the wall to go above the roof?
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Do you mean a double gable?
Double Gable -->In the picture attached you will see 3 wall sets, I used different pitches and colors for a better description
Wall set 1: I built this wall using 3 walls-->
--> Shape # 2 of the wall selection: gable wall, in green. H= 96" pitch 10:12 (length= 100")
--> Shape # 7 of the wall selection: composed shape, in red. H= 96" pitches 10:12 Dim C= 96" Dim D= 138" (length= 100")
--> Shape # 2 of the wall selection: gable wall, in blue. H= 2" pitch 10:12--> (length= 100")--> set the elevation to 138" (the dimension D of the red wall)
Wall sets 2 and 3 are have the same elements. Wall set 2 is the rear view and wall set 3 is the front view. I built this set using-->
--> Shape # 2 of the wall selection: gable wall, in yellow. H= 96" pitch 7:12 (length= 100")
--> Shape # 2 of the wall selection: gable wall, in brown. H= 96" pitch 7:12 (length= 200")

Patricia
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
Alanda  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Alanda

Yes I mean a double gable.

Could I send you a picture of what I mean?
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

To develop double gables, you can follow my instructions. See my post above => Patricia G., "Applying Material Issues" #3, 26 Jan 2015 1:52 pm and the image attached
If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post

Patricia
Alanda  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Alanda

The first picture is of my drawing
https://picasaweb.google...thuser=0&feat=directlink
The Second link is the house I am trying to build
https://picasaweb.google...thuser=0&feat=directlink

From your instructions I am not sure where you place in the number for the H. Are those for the roof or the walls? I have version 14.

I want all 3 pulled out walls to have gables but the 1st garage wall is hard because I cannot get the wall to go above the other garage door because it is a higher gable. Is the first garage door a dormer?
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

When you open a wall style, you will see a vertical blue line, this is the main height.
Yes, these are walls, as you asked. My image shows the same situation of your design
Another option: create flat walls in the lower level and the gables in the upper floor.
Keep in mind that the Autoroof feature creates only hip roofs

Patricia
Alanda  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Alanda

Ok perfect! thank you Patricia!
Patricia G.  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Alanda, you're welcome! :-)

Patricia
Clark, E G  
#10 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Clark, E G

No matter what view it's in, it usually does not apply material to the walls. I clear out all the furniture along one wall with nothing else in view, make certain of the placement of the application cross and wait.........wait.....wait...it blicks off on some digit somewhere else! I upgraded to v 19 so that I could decorate, but ceilings and walls are not happening. why.
Patricia G.  
#11 Posted : Monday, November 7, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Usually, this issue means a hardware acceleration problem. Try this solution:
Go to => Edit => Preferences => System => Graphics => Hardware Acceleration. By default, the level of the accelerations is "Full" => Move the control to the center and see if the problem is solved. If not, move the control to the left (None) => check if the problem is solved.

Independently of the accelerations issue, don't forget to download and install the free update for your program
http://forums.punchsoftware.com/WebX/.fad7728?50@@"
Hope this helps.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Aldrich, Todd  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Aldrich, Todd

new user..example shakes under a porch roof and double 4 on rest of wall
Patricia G.  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I will be glad to help, but I'll need more info.
Do you mean 2 different textures in the same wall up and down? In this case, define the height.
Do you mean 2 different textures in the same wall, right and left?

Try to detail the problem as specifically as possible, so we can understand the issue. Let us know exactly what you want to do, what you tried, what seems broken, etc.
Please include the title, version, and platform you are using. On the PC you will find this info in the main menu->Help->About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu->About…
If you wish to post images --> follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) --> copy the full URL --> Paste the link in your post

--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
Aldrich, Todd  
#14 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Aldrich, Todd

Yes 2 different textures on the same exterior wall.One below a porch roof(up 8' from floor) and the wall area above the porch roof to the overhang a different Texture. Hope this helps...Thank you
Home and Landscape design professional V19
Patricia G.  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Option 1 - Create separated walls: one below the porch and another for the exterior wall.
Option 2 - Depending of the situation, create a wall composed by different shapes of walls.

Aldrich, Todd  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Aldrich, Todd

what would be the easiest way to create separate wall for height. I can wall break for the width, but ca not find a way for height. I am using win 10. Thank you so very much for your help. In your opinion does the architect program make issues like this easier? I also see you have an e-book..does that cover items like this?
Patricia G.  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

You're welcome! :-)

The easiest way depends of the situation. Can you post a picture or a sketch of the situation?
If you wish to post images => follow these steps:
- upload your picture to a free online photo album like Photobucket or Flickr or Picassa, for example.
- Look for the link of your picture (usually, photo albums provide a "link for a forum" script) => copy the full URL => Paste the link in your post.

The Architectural series program has the same capabilities regarding walls and shapes.

Regarding my eBooks: my eBooks include a full chapter called "Understanding the Walls" with the description and images of all the features and options. In addition, it includes a section called "Custom Shaped Walls" with tutorials and images showing how to develop custom walls, as in your case. An example: see attached.