logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
smolenr  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

Sorry, but I'm looking at it now, and still do not see shelving. Plus in the User's Guide, shelving is not listed in the Index. Across the top, I have Foundation, Floor, Electrical, Plumbing, Roof, HVAC, Deck, Landscape, Detail, and Framing. Am I missing something?
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 114 time(s) in 112 post(s)
You can search in the libraries using the search field at the bottom of the menu.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
smolenr  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

Are you talking about on this forum? I see a search here, but not in the User's Guide.
smolenr  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

OK, so I guess HD&L, V19, does not allow you to build shelves. I searched in this area "Home Design and Landscape Professional (Version 14 and UP) and the few that come up do not answer my question. Oh well, another frustrating example with this software!
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
Not sure why you are mentioning "frustrating" => I answered all your questions, and the solutions were very easy!
I'd suggest that you read carefully my answers: in this case, I didn't mention the search in the forum => I wrote "libraries"=> The libraries are a very important part of the program!
Learning how to search in the libraries is a very important part of the Punch program use.
Just in case this is not clear, I am attaching an image showing how to use the search feature in the libraries. In your case, just write "shelf" in the search field and voilà!
Of course, if you don't want to search, you can build your own shelf using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool.

--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
smolenr  
#6 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

Patricia, thank you for the response. Keep in mind that the way a novice views things is very different from an expert who can already make assumptions. When you use the term "libraries", it is not intuitive where you described. However now that you showed the picture, I have a better idea. Also, while I have read both the user's guide and your book, again it is not as intuitive as it could be. For instance, the Index is an extremely important part of any technical manual. And yet, in the index for the User's Guide, Cabinets are not even listed. I know there is a video, which was pretty good, but it's interesting that the subject isn't highlighted in the Index. I have other examples as well, but I won't belabor the point. Anyway, I appreciate the advice, but also am curious why others in the forum can't respond? I'm used to forums, where member's in general can respond to questions.

Thanks
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 2, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I understand that beginners need explanations, this is why I answer the questions, however, as I stated, it is important that you become familiar, with the basic commands, tabs and bars.
In the User manual, page 21, says => "To get the most benefit from Punch! Home Design Software, you should take a minute to become familiar with the layout of the Punch! drawing space, plan tabs, and toolbars."

The library tab is very important and it is one of the basic elements. For this reason, it is shown in the beginning of the user manual (page 21) => check the first image attached (a screenshot of the user guide page 21) so you can see the location of this basic tab.

Did you read the entire manual and my eBook? Odd that you didn't find all the tutorials and features.. ., especially the quick tour in page 21 ;-)
You wrote that cabinets is not listed is the index of the user guide => this is not correct => I am attaching a screenshot of the user guide's index showing the cabinet topics. Also, my eBook as well as the user guide, are PDF files. I am not sure if you know, but the PDF files include an amazing feature called "Search". The icon is a magnifier (outlined in blue in the second image attached) so in seconds, you can find the desired feature. In this case, you can write the word "cabinet" in the search field (pointed with a green arrow i the second image attached) and the program will direct you to all the topics, including the index entries (pointed with a red arrow in the second image attached).
By the way, in my eBook, you can search cabinets also in my eBook => they start at page 136.

Other users answer questions, but no so often as I do.
If you prefer other answers, feel free to contact tech support.

smolenr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
smolenr

Well, I guess I owe you an apology. You're correct about searching for cabinets turns up a couple of choices (very familiar with the search function on pdf's). I guess I never thought of searching in the Table of Contents, I was focusing in the Index.
Patricia G.  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

No problem.
As a matter of fact, you search the entire manual. If you start the search at page 1, the table of contents' entries will be the first.