logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Howard Gluckman,

There are several ways, these are two suggestions

- You can elaborate a box with the 3D workshop, and elevate it above the cabinet
- You can elaborate a floor with the shape you need and define the floor thickness with the distance between the cabinets and the ceiling. Check the image attached

If you wish to use a wall, as you stated, you can use a floor as soffit.

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
dlswansonjr  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
dlswansonjr

Hi, I am a new user, becoming very frustrated with trying to achieve what, perhaps in my naivete, seems like should be a simple task: to sink the living room floor in my slab design by 12", with a step down at 6", then add the same material to the sunken floor. I was able to create an elevated 12" platform, with a step up at 6", for the dining area, but can't seem to achieve the reverse. The floor cutout tool, elevation setting, 12" interior walls (beneath the lip of the cutout), all serve to create a hole in the living room floor, but - even after tracing the section with the floor outline tool - I cannot apply the wood finish to the cutout space. Can anybody help? Thanks in advance.
dlswansonjr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 15, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
dlswansonjr

Hi, Can anybody explain how to inset windows into doors, and into cabinet doors? Apart from the stock "French" doors included, I can't seem to figure out how to customize cabinet doors with glass fronts, or how to inset (or customize) windows in passage doors. Also, I have tried the remedy for the cutoff right-hand section of the "Properties" toolbars, shown online, and it hasn't worked for me. This means, for example, that I can reduce or eliminate vertical rails in multipane windows, but not the horizontal ones. I'm trying to create some large, unobstructed single pane expanses for my contemporary design. Thanks in advance for any help.