logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Elizabeth0607,

Once you are telling you understand completely how it works, I will skip this step.
Therefore check the following 3 items

1 - If you are using the green man--> this mean controlled Walk-Through instead of the yellow man, (animated Walk-Through) --> if this is the case, use the yellow man
2 - If your plan has a lot of topography, furniture, 3D objects in general or you imported a "heavy" DWG file or your plan is large (meaning Mb)-->if this is the case, you have 3 resources: use the clear view rendering or use use the fast / slow movements selector (bottom of the screen in live view) or Go to your liveview window--> On the toolbar you will find a pencil icon (or a menu at the right of the screen for older versions), click on it and you will see a menu of the elements appearing in 3D view--> hide the 3d objects and topography elements and see if this solve the problem
3 - Check the resources of your computer, available memory, vc, drivers, etc

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Elizabeth0607  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Elizabeth0607

I do not have any 3D objects in the house such as furniture etc. I am simply trying to do a walkthrough and view it in 3D. Again, I completely understand the viewpoint and the live view procedures, it just doesn't work for some reason. I loaded this program on my laptop and had no problem with the live view. Do you have any suggestions regarding the resources......how do I check video card etc.... I find the tutorials and manual lacking for this program.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Elizabeth0607

I will divide my answer in two parts

==> From the technical point of view
(I'd suggest to uninstall Punch--> defrag and install Punch again after the maintenance)

- Go to the website of your card manufacturer (ATI, NVidia, etc) and update the drivers
- Download and install the last version of DirectX--> (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/ ) This is the resource that Punch uses for rendering
- Some users reported interferences related with spyware software (those small programs installed to spy your computers). I strongly recommend the use of "Adware". Is a free application (for personal use). I use it. You can download and install it at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

==> My bad experience
In 2003 I decided to buy a new computer. I found a good price with MDG and I bought it. As soon as I installed Punch I noticed that something was wrong, because the yellow man refused to enter inside the house I was designing, as it is happening with you. Also, the yellow man didn't walk, it didn't move or it jumped.
Making the story short, I returned the computer to the store, they discovered that the video card was defective (it was Nvidia) and there was a problem between the mother board and the video card. Of course, I didn't buy that computer
I don't know if this is a common problem, but perhaps is a point to check

Hope this helps

Patricia
H., Allan  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
H., Allan

I have just upgraded (using a download) my Architectural Series 18 version 8 (and my last working plan) to Architectural Series 3000 version 10. Can anyone please tell me how I can reduce the dimensions displayed on the plan from four decimal places to just one. For example, I wish to have my plans saying " 4.4 m by 4.0 m" not 4.4038 m by 4.0028 m" unfortunately, I'm obviously not searching on the right keywords because I cannot turn up any solutions on this forum. Thanks very much for your help. Cheers, Allan H.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 11, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Allan H.

Oh yes, you can do a search with the keyword "unit", decimal, precision, etc

Anyway, use Go to main menu--> Design--> Unit of measure--> Precision
Unfortunately, dims in meters have (in Punch) 4 decimal places

Patricia
H., Allan  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
H., Allan

Patricia, I tracked down the main menu four decimal places for metric (metres) OK. I take it there is no way to make it 2? Allan H.
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Allan H.

You are writing "metric (metres)", and they are not the same concept
Please, check the attached image, these are the only decimal places' options for Metric units in Punch V10 programs

Patricia