logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
craigc  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 18, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
craigc

And it turns out your prediction came true : AS3000 now is out in V12. And i'm following your suggestion to the OP, "to ask you" .... I have hundreds of very detailed CAD files created in Platinum Pro 4.5 ( I know, that sounds odd - but it is the most intuitive CAD i've ever found - & it turns out it has spoiled me for simplicity, as the learning curve on any other CAD product - even Punchcad - is so steep, it is very frustrating) I've been told that AS3000 has CAD features I need, namely: Line Weights, Dashed Lines, & Cross-Hatching. (up to now, done tediously) So, will I retain the ability to open previously created CAD files from Platinum Pro 4.5 ? I use the CAD to make Site-Plans (with Bldg Outlines), and Lot/Building Topo Cross Sections from Survey data. I've even started to use it to make fairly detailed exterior elevations. All these line drawings are outputted to B&W printer.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi craigc,

Answering some of your questions as well as your e-mail

- All the files developed with Punch V4.5 can be opened with any Punch program V6 and up
- The Detail tab in the Punch programs V6 and up have lines with different thickness as well as dashed lines. You can use few hatching patterns also. The different tabs have different colors
-Punch AS 4000 V8 and V10 as well as Punch 5000 have two additional CAD Power Tools--> the Section Detailer and Symbol Editor--> they have additional and useful CAD features
- The scales 1:20 and 1:10 are present in the Punch Metric scales

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi craigc,

Answering some of your questions as well as your e-mail

- All the files developed with Punch V4.5 can be opened with any Punch program V6 and up
- The Detail tab in the Punch programs V6 and up have lines with different thickness as well as dashed lines. You can use few hatching patterns also. The different tabs have different colors
-Punch AS 4000 V8 and V10 as well as Punch 5000 have two additional CAD Power Tools--> the Section Detailer and Symbol Editor--> they have additional and useful CAD features
- The scales 1:20 and 1:10 are present in the Punch Metric scales

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store