logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gannettech  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
gannettech

I bought this package thinking an amueture could design a home but found otherwise. Is there a way to get a video tour to watch on how to build a home using the software from bottom to top or foundation to roof and everything in between? I want to design my own home and thought this package was the way to do it but found it a little difficult . Thank you for any and all help.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi gannettech,

Is very common that persons use the words "Draw" and "Design" as synonymous and they are not.
You can draw with a pencil, a piece of charcoal, a brush or with Punch software. They are all drawing tools, and you will use the right tool for the right work. Therefore, if you are imagining your dream house and you are looking for a tool to draw and visualize your home in 3D, I am sure that Punch is the right tool for you
However, design is a different and complex process, involving foundations, codes, approvals, structures, building interferences, rooms’ connections, liability and many things that must be checked by an Engineer, Architect, Builder, etc. They are all design professionals and you will hire the right professional for the right job.
Of course, if you really know what you want, draw it in Punch (forget about foundations, codes, etc) and show your 3D model to your Architect. He / She will be glad to know your ideas, optimize them, and get the project of your dream house.

At my site http://www.punchhelpers.com your will find project tips and articles, intelligent design and more

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
STONE00057  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
STONE00057

I recently received my residential builder’s license and I have been looking for a design program. Would this be a good program to use or would any of you recommend any other programs to use.