logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Sue,

The exclamation marks are signs that the texture you used is unavailable (see image attached)

If you applied the textures yesterday and they are not today, you should check the following issues
- If you created and applied Custom textures and you are in different computer, you should install the Custom textures in the new computer
- If for some reason, some of all the textures in Program Files/Punch AS 4000/Textures/ --> were moved or deleted--> you need to set or install the textures again
- If the textures are referred to a no existent Material Palette or if they are set in a different media (not accessible or available)

Remember that the Punch file includes the link to the texture in the installed program but the file doesn't load the texture

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
SuzyQ  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
SuzyQ

Thanks Patricia!

I'm actually starting to wonder if maybe there is something messed up with the program itself, or possibly my computer. I have found a lot of "wonky" things happening lately! This is just one of the things happening.

I only have Punch installed on one computer. The only other program that I am using along with Punch is HighRise - but this problem happened a few times when I wasn't using HighRise. The strange part about it is that it doesn't happen ALL the time....just sometimes! It's very frustrating!

One of the other things that is happening is my elevations seem to change all on their own **sometimes**. I'll set my working elevation and everything will be going good....then all of a sudden I'll place something and not see it. When I check my elevation....it has changed. I haven't left the floor I'm working on or anything...it just changes.

I don't know if this makes sense to anyone or not....but I can tell you that my husband is starting to look at me funny because I keep swearing at the computer! ;)

I wonder if it might be time to delete and reinstall the whole program again? I don't recall deleting any program files - but then again....I'm not exactly a computer expert either, so who knows! I'll try that and report back here if there are any more problems!

Thanks!
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Sue,

Now that you are mentioning this issue, I am remembering that something like this happened with one of files I used to test.
Uninstall and install the program is a good idea, but also, I'd suggest to check the HR issue with tech support

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store