logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Carl,

Open you plan in the floor tab (for example)--> you will see a small black triangle at the right of the tab's name--> By clicking the small triangle and checking or not the names of the tabs you have the option of viewing or hiding other tabs--> Just check the names of the tabs you wish to move--> only the selected objects will appear in the selected tab, with their colors--> After you are sure all the objects are on the screen--> Edit--> Select all--> move--> write the exact X and Y distance--> If you move the same distance for all the elements of the 3 levels, the walls and other components will remain aligned

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
ckerch  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
ckerch

That seem to work fine once I moved the lot lines to the landscape tab and used the include option on the tab selection you described above. I was still hoping to use the "Move Entire Plan" option and do it in one step. Kind of lazy I guess.

But that brings up a question. When would you use the “Move Entire Plan” tool? It seems that the only thing it does not move is the topographical objects.

Thanks
Carl
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Carl,

If you select all the elements less the PLs, you can move all the plan in just one step

A typical situation to use the “Move Entire Plan” feature--> Imagine you develop the floorplan and after this you develop the topo--> you can adjust the house location using the “Move Entire Plan” tool

Patricia
ckerch  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
ckerch

I relocated my house plan 200 ft north and 40 ft east of center on a 5 acre lot. I noticed when ever I reopen the file it always goes back the the center of the lot. Lyle, in your post, you mentioned punch is designed to recenter the drawing. Why does it need the center? I know it does not cause me any problem except I always have to zoom out , find the plan and zoom back in.

Also, Patricia , you mentioned in your example, draw the plan, add topo and I would assume you draw the lot last. Is that the order of development you use.

I know this is off the original subject, but as a newbie, I am still learning.

Thanks to both of you for your help.
Carl
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Carl,

The center of your plan is not always the center of your lot.
Also, don't forget that sometimes, you need to re center your plan in your workspace (Punch's white square)
Say you are designing a house in a certain point of the workspace and you decide to include an additional landscape, or a lake, etc. In this case, you move the house using the Move the entire plan option

Regarding your question about the order of development I use. I don't use the same order in all the situations, but some of my Customers prefer to see the house first and the lot after.

Patricia
ckerch  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
ckerch

To work on the house,I can zoom in on the plan to fill up the screen and do some changes. I will save the changes while it is zoomed in. If I close it and then reopen it the house will not even be in view. That is why I have to zoom out, locate the house and zoom back in. I thought it was because of the lot size and was normal operation.

I am not sure the reason except on large lots, the program needs the natural center. I did not have this problem when the lot size was small.

To experiment, I drew 4 walls after opening the file so the walls would be in the natural center. I zoomed out, located the off centered house and zoomed back in to fill the screen with the house, then saved the file. I closed it and then reopened it. It opened the file showing the 4 walls drawn in the natural center and not were I saved it.