logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 7, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Problems 1 & 2--> the same happens in my computer

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Issan, Tom  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 8, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Issan, Tom

Hi,

Thanks for the fix.
I backed the acceleration down two notches from the max and now 'no black screen'.

thank you too Patricia...
Issan, Tom  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Issan, Tom

I ran into another ditch again in the elevation editor and I don't know if it's the program or my computer.

elevation editor> export/chose file type (tried all six of them and no dimensions or fonts show on the end results.

Can print out ok, full text. any export attempts failed at saving any text at all.

Is there a hidden switch for this?
thanks again, Tom
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Tom,

The same happens in my computer. The only workaround I can think--> print the elevation to a PDF file --> you can create a .JPG or .BMP file from there

Patricia
Issan, Tom  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Issan, Tom

That seemed like a good idea Patricia and tried printing to .pdf files many times and nothing at all happens. It looks like the other option is screen capture and it is indeed unfortunate the 'export image' options do not include dimensions and lines in the saved copy....thanks again for your feedback, Tom
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 18, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Tom,

Unfortunately, not all the PDF writers work with the EE. And some of them work according with certain computer configs
I have 6 (paid) PDF converters and each one works in a different way. Some of them are useless. I have "Print to PDF" (BTW it came with Trojans included) and it doesn't print the elevations at all. I have PDF Master, it prints the elevations, however the quality is poor.
Adobe doesn't print elevations
In addition, to obtain a good quality, you must adjust some settings

- In Punch--> In the elevation editor, change the color of the lines (Options--> Screen color) to black, this will provide more contrast
- In Punch--> In the elevation editor--> set the lighting features (the bulb icon at the left of the screen) in order to obtain a sharp definition
- In your PDF converter--> set the quality of the output PDF documents--> at least 4800 dpi (dots per inch). Less than this looks blurry

Patricia
Issan, Tom  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Issan, Tom

There are a couple alternatives to capturing from the screen that work quite well. The one I prefer is 'SnagIt', easy capture and plenty of editing tools for detailing elevations with all the windows fonts and dimension tools and saving in just about any format including .pdf

The other program is 'hardcopy', this one is free and has most of the tools needed for detailing and enhancing elevation views as well as floor plan layout.

Punch is an excellent program with very satisfying end results. Unlike other CAD programs, the learning curve using Punch is short and there's lots of good information on this site not to mention the quick responses from Patricia & Lyle who seem to be very skilled & knowledgeable of this software. I've used punch for a few years only and it seems AS4000 has less problems than AS5000 although the problems are similar.

One particular one when wanting to change the font size of a dimension, the control doesn't respond which makes it difficult to see the fonts after capturing the whole page, and not being able to export doesn't help.
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Tom,

Glad to help! :-)

The problem I see with the screen capture is the zoom setting
Setting the entire elevation in the screen is a trial and error process, a time consuming issue
Currently I am using two options
1 - Autodesk has a FREE program to create DWF files. This program works as a virtual printer and exports the full elevation (Elevation Editor), independently of the zoom settings
See this image

As you can see, the image includes the dimension and text. The DWF image can be copied and pasted in MS Paint or other graphic sw. In addition, you can convert it to PDF
You can find more info about this utility
http://www.punchhelpers.com/dwffiles.html

The program called PDF creator also converts to PDF the full elevation, with text and dims

Patricia
Gauci, Charles  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 29, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Gauci, Charles

This might help also. When I want to print an elevation from EE, I click on print - high quality. I use a virtual printer program called LEADTOOLS eprint IV instead of pdf. It does the same. I then use an older graphics program called Sierra Print Artist. It allows me to stretch the jpeg image to any scale.Something really has to be done to rectify the dimension properties problem in EE.