logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi alha

Go to the detail tab--> Multigon Tool--> select the # of sides--> draw the shape--> resize as necessary--> select the shape--> Properties bar (right of the screen)--> convert to--> Interior or Exterior walls (according with your necessities)

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
alha  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
alha

Thanks for the info, I have added it to my drawing, but now have another (probably easy) question. I have a 12 sided structure drawn, and stuck it over one corner of my rectangle basement drawing. There are 2 sides of it inside the rectangle, and the rest hanging out. I would like to remove the 2 sides in the rectangle, as well as the corner of the rectangle where it meets the octagon, to make it one continuous wall. I looked but couldn't find a way to remove those parts.

One last question, when I did a 3D look at what I have drawn so far, the octagon appears to be lower than the rectangle, it starts below the top of the rectangle, and finishes below the bottom. I would like them to all be on the same plane, since it is my foundation/basement.. Any thoughts as to what I might have done wrong to create this problem, and what to do to correct it?

LAST question, just thought of it, is there a good resource (book? website?) to learn this program a little better, and easier, than just hacking away at it? I don't mind experimenting, but when I have an idea in my mind, and have a lot of trouble putting it on paper (so to speak), it gets frustrating. Any suggestions would be appreciated, since the help file isn't all that user friendly or helpful, at least to me so far.

Thanks!
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi alha,

1 - Do you mean 2 sides of the rectangle (you can't delete 2 sides of a rectangle in the Detail Tab) or two walls (just select each wall--> delete)

2 - Select the polygon and verify
-->If the walls are in the same elevation of the rectangle walls--> Select the wall --> Edit--> set object elevation
--> If they are both exterior or interior walls and if they are exterior, if the have the same Autofloor thickness

You can see more tutorials at my website http://www.punchhelpers.com/ as well as http://www.thistlekeep.com and www.punch-alternatives.com

Patricia
alha  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
alha

Sorry for the late reply. What I am trying to do is remove the overlapping parts of the 2 structures I have drawn, the rectangle and the octagon. I don't want to remove the entire wall, just the small parts where they overlap. I drew both parts, and put a little bit of the octagon inside the rectangle, now want to get rid of the overlapping parts, to make one solid foundation wall, if that makes sense. Thanks again
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi alha,

You can add points (or breaks) to the walls--> select the wall segment--> delete
In order to fuss the wall, join them using the mouse.
If you experience problems, email me your file and I'll join the walls

Patricia