logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sunnybrook  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
sunnybrook

I was beginning to think that there was some theoretical relative ridge length that couldn't be ignored for safety reasons.

I have a gable roof over an area that is attached to the main building (it sits below the roof line of the main building).

At the far end of that extension I have a concrete slab roof projecting at right angles over another building (it projects within the length of the gable).

I wanted to add a gable connector to the existing gable roof in order to provide for better (i.e. more height) access to the concrete slab and an overhang (i.e. create an L shape of gable roofs, no hips).

It seems to me to be a perfectly straight forward thing to do, apart from the fact that you cannot modify the ridge length.

It looks like you are suggesting that I have to draw one panel on one side of the main gable and several on the other just to produce a gable sticking out at right angles from another. Pretty poor.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi sunnybrook,

The post above is from 2004, but anyway, can you post a picture / image so I can visualize the problem? (upload your picture to a free online photo album like photobucket or flickr and post here the link of your picture)

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
sunnybrook  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
sunnybrook

In plan view, imagine a gable roof running left to right. Now add a gable connector at right angles to that (and within its left/right boundaries) with its ridge touching the first ridge, with a different pitch and extending out from the first roof a short distance.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Use the freehand roof tool and set the angles different from 45° until the peak meet

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store