logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 9, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi, Verify if the roof icon at the 3D screen is activated (the 4th icon on the right side of the screen). If you see a red X on the icon, click on it to allow the option "show 3D roofs". Hope this helps, Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Drake, Eric R.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Drake, Eric R.

I was having trouble with the 3D Walkthru with my Pentium II 450, so I decided to build a screaming fast PC. I have the following: AMD 2200+ 1GB Corsair Memory w/Heater spreader 128MB ATI Radeo 9700 Pro Graphics Card When I tried to run the software with the graphics accerlation enabled (at all of the various positions) the 3D-Live view would lock the software and sometimes the whole PC as soon as I started to walk thru. I was told that I had to turn off the hardware acceleration (why I don't understand). The people helping me blamed it on the implementation of Open-GL by the card manufacturer. I don't buy this, it is more likely the implementation of open-gl by the software vendor (in this case Punch). In any case, that seemed to help, but now when I walk thru, all of the colors/textures go away and are replaced by white/gray. I have flipped everything I can find to improve Punch's software - tried Final 3d quality at all settings, tried rendering final 3d quality, nothing seems to work. Now when I'm adding objects and start to do a walk thru, I noticed things are missing. Furniture, tables, cabinets, ROOF lines, decks, etc... If I click on them on the grid, move the elevation up by a foot, then back down by a foot to it's original position, it magically shows up for a little while. As soon as I shut everything down and get back into it the next day, it is all disappeard from the 3d-view again. In the 3d-view, there are no red Xs, indicating that everything should be showing up. I'm about ready to dump this software and go with something else. I hate to do it, because I really like it when it is working. But I'm tired of dealing with all of these issues and Tech Support isn't doing anything to help me other than to point fingers. They just blame the manufacturer of the FASTEST GRAPHICS CARD ON THE MARKET TODAY for all of the problems. I am not having any trouble with any other piece of software on my PC, and I'm running quite an array of stuff, from productivity, to design to games, which leads me to believe it isn't my hardware. Any other suggestions to help me out would be greatly appreciated.