logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pat1217  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Pat1217

I designed a round portico with no roof in 3D custom workshop and saved it to MY OBJECTS. I then designed the portico with a roof in the roofing plan tab.I can use this same design over again. What I want to do is save this portico (with the roof attached) to my objects. I can't seem to do that. What I tried was using the selection tool to "box in" my total object (portico and roof) then open it all to 3D workshop. When the 3D workshop screen appeared, all I had was the portico with no roof. Tell me your secret. Thanks. Pat
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Pat, The objects developed with the 3D workshop are *.POB files, this means that a *.POB object can be opened / created / modified / etc with the 3D workshop, but it doesn't share the properties of the main program elements A roof developed with the tools of the Roofing tab will be part of the *.PRO file, with all the properties, however it can't be opened with the 3D workshop So, the Punch sequence you are describing is absolutely normal. Now, you can create a roof object in the 3D workshop--> it will look like a roof, but it will be an object (like a chair). The roofs of the objects' library were developed in this way Notice that, if you create a roof in the 3D workshop, it will not be accounted in the Estimator, Framing, etc Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store