logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi ap, 1 - To set the objects, walls, etc at the right elevation, you must need to define the ceiling heights. To do this--> Design--> Default Ceiling Heights--> set the exact height of each level. By default, they are 96", this means that (if you don't set your custom heights) Punch will set the second floor at 96" from the grass and the 3rd floor at 192" from the grass 2 - If you have an exterior wall with Autofloor= 12" (for example) and you insert a door, the door elevation will be 0", because the door elevation is related with the wall. Same situation with the windows But if you are going to insert a table on the floor, the object elevation is related with the grass (floor of the Punch world), so the table's elevation will be 12" Therefore, if your exterior walls have 10'-0", but you are using an Autofloor with 12" (1'), the ceiling elevation should be 11'-0" Always remember 3 things --> The ceiling elevation is the bottom face of the ceiling. This means that if you the floor of the second floor (for example) is @ 108", and your 1st floor has a ceiling of 12", the ceiling elevation will be 96" and the settings of the cutout (if you have one) will be the same: elevation at 96"and thickness= 12" --> If you used Autofloor in the 1st floor, the ceiling elevation will be the walls' height + the Autofloor thickness (as described above) --> If you used a floor in the upper floor, you must consider this thickness in the floor cut Now, if you wish to fix your plan--> select the walls of the second floor--> Edit--> set object elevation--> write the desired second floor elevation Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
ap  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
ap

Thanks you for your response. I think it has captured my problem, as I have tried to set the different ceiling heights to no avail. I had no idea this would be a "complex" issue for this software, and wonder if a more advanced option is available? Unfortunately, the2nd story walls are not in all th same locations, so I won't be able to use that option. To make it worse, the entry is about 25 feet tall with a large grand stairway which lands on a gallery set at 17 feet which then feeds the upper sections via 3 foot riser stairs on both sides! UGH! I'm still in the 60 day return window, and wonder again if an upgrade would help, or should I abandon this and go back to the drafting table?