logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 9, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi MLPMLPMLPMLP

Lavasoft is an excellent (and free) application to clean you computer (adware, spyware and such)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

There is a second reason for this problem. I saw this issue few days ago with other user,
perhaps is a problem with the video driver.

Try this
First: go to the video driver setup on your PC (may be different for different versions of Windows; for most, click on an empty part of the windows desktop, click on Settings->Advanced->Troubleshoot). Back the accelerations slider all the way to the left, turning off accelerations--> OK . This will slow down the video. If this helps the problem, you can try going back in and restoring the accelerations by steps until the problem appears again
While you are in Settings, be sure that the color quality setting is 24 or 32 bits per pixel ("True Color"). The 16 bits per pixel is the absolute minimum that it should be set at.
Click on Start->Run and type in "dxdiag", and click Run. The DirectX diagnostic will run, and tell you what version of DirectX you are currently using. Go out to www.microsoft.com/directx, and see what version is the last. If your version is not current, read the install instructions and the system requirements. Download the latest version and install it, unless you are using Windows 95.
Go onto the web to the website of your video card manufacturer . Look for downloads, and go see if you have the latest version of driver software for your model of video card (you can find your current driver's version at Video Settings->Advanced->Adapter). If there is a new one, download and install it using the manufacturer's directions.

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
MLPMLPMLPMLP  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
MLPMLPMLPMLP

Cool, I'll try that. Thanks.