logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

You are not informing the
1 - Please inform the title name and version number of your Punch program. We need both because different programs and versions have different features.
How to find the Program Name and Version Number

I am not sure what do you mean by change the Material Description. Depending of the situation and the program you can change the material description in the library.
To add lines, you can export the Estimator BOM to Excel, for example.

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
sd5109  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
sd5109

I've got HLD Pro 18.0.1.1001.

What I'm trying to do is this: I have a line item in Estimator for 1st Floor Flooring and the cost. I also need a line item for the floor substrate, which will have its own costs. I'd prefer not to add them together, but if I need to, then I need to be able to edit the description (1st Floor Flooring and Substrate) so I know what all is included in the costs.

If I export to Excel, how do I import it back into Estimator to keep up with changes I make to the design? And on that note, I've created a Master List, however, changes don't seem to be saving, because I'll add costs, close, and when I reopen the next day, some of the costs are gone.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Ideally, how do I create a Master List in Excel so I can customize, import into Estimator so I can get costs for my design, and have it save properly?

The User Guides are not user friendly at all. F1 takes me to all the files of the entire download, and for a lay person like me, there is no way to decipher which folder had the User Guides, or which file name is what I'm looking for.

Thank you for your help.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

You're welcome! :-)

1 - Editing the name of the material => Copy the Floor material to the user library => Go to the User library => look for the material => right click => Edit detail => change the name / information.
2 - You can add a new floor using the Floor tool (Floor tab)+> this new floor will appear separately in the Estimator.
3 - If you export the Estimator file to Excel, you can't import it back.
4 - User Guide => the user guide is a PDF file and it should open automatically if you use F1 or if you use Help => User's Guide. Perhaps you have an installation problem?
The PDF should be located at (depending of your Windows version) => C:\Program Files (x86)\Punch! Software\Punch! Professional.18.0\PunchHomeHelp.pdf

If you are interested, you will find more info and tutorials in my eBook exclusive for AS V18 users Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18

Patricia
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My all in one e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store