logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peeno  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:33:29 PM(UTC)
Peeno

I have been using your program for a long time and really like the new features, but I'm still baffled by a few automatic floor details. For example, if I draw a simple square structure with 9' high walls, the program creates a wall that is actually around 10' because of the space it automatically puts in between the ground and the floor surface. I can change the depth of the floor surface, but how do I change the depth of the space between the floor and the ground? And along this same line of questioning, how can I then make a slab on grade garage connected to the rest of the house with a 3 foot crawl space?
(Using Home Design Studio Complete 19 for Mac)
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2018 11:26:04 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: Peeno Go to Quoted Post
I have been using your program for a long time and really like the new features, but I'm still baffled by a few automatic floor details. For example, if I draw a simple square structure with 9' high walls, the program creates a wall that is actually around 10' because of the space it automatically puts in between the ground and the floor surface. I can change the depth of the floor surface, but how do I change the depth of the space between the floor and the ground?

There are 2 ways => before you start your project, you must set the project's heights and elevations (New Project) . Or if you prefer, you can change the values editing the current floor. Both options include a diagram showing the different options as you can see in this image

Levels.jpg (31kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

In this case, the dimension "D", is the slab thickness. Of couse, you need to determine the elevations.

Originally Posted by: Peeno Go to Quoted Post
And along this same line of questioning, how can I then make a slab on grade garage connected to the rest of the house with a 3 foot crawl space?

You can do this creating two different floors with two different elevations.

Some Tips: Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
You will find free tutorials in my Website and Facebook page
If you are interested, I have several training e-books, one of them is free. This is the link for the V19 for Mac eBook. Also see link to my eBook page below, in my signature.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store