logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
UncleFester  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 6:07:39 PM(UTC)
UncleFester

United States

So I finally made the switch from AS4000v12 (2007). I've tried the newer version several times, v14 7 v17, IIRC, but hated it both times.

But now I've finally committed. Especially since we can finally USE our stupid fast graphics hardware to have the 3D view on a separate monitor!

And double doors just by clicking a check box!?!?! Be still, my beating heart...

And bumpouts, and walls that finally properly know when they are interior vs exterior! And, and, and, aaaaaah!!!!

Ok, so now that we got that out of the way, and everyone knows I'm not bashing the new version, I do have some gripes/questions.

1. I miss having the powertools on an easy-to-use toolbar. Only way I can find them is Design->Lauch->pick a tool->Launch. Lots more button pressing than the old way.

2. I love the way the program automatically creates "rooms", just because I've enclosed and interior space with walls, but...

How can I make two or more "rooms" in a big open area? For example, most of my designs feature open floor plans (I absolutely abhor hallways), but that means on many of my designs, the kitchen, dining/breakfast nook, and living room all flow together without walls, and get treated as one big room for auto-dimensions/names/etc...

Help?
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2018 7:13:54 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Glad to know that you like the new V20! ThumpUp

Now, regarding your questions:

Originally Posted by: UncleFester Go to Quoted Post
1. I miss having the powertools on an easy-to-use toolbar. Only way I can find them is Design->Lauch->pick a tool->Launch. Lots more button pressing than the old way.

I agree, but currently it is the only option Sad I asked for more screen icons and tools, and with this version, we got a very important toolbar: the Modify toolbar. Let's hope for the addition of a new Power Tool toolbar.

Originally Posted by: UncleFester Go to Quoted Post
2. I love the way the program automatically creates "rooms", just because I've enclosed and interior space with walls, but...
How can I make two or more "rooms" in a big open area? For example, most of my designs feature open floor plans (I absolutely abhor hallways), but that means on many of my designs, the kitchen, dining/breakfast nook, and living room all flow together without walls, and get treated as one big room for auto-dimensions/names/etc...

If you click inside the "big room" => Go to the properties bar => Go to the Label options => you can show / hide the room name, dimensions and area.
You can create the labels manually for each area, using the Text tool.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
thanks 1 user thanked Patricia G. for this useful post.
UncleFester on 12/1/2018(UTC)
UncleFester  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 1:12:05 PM(UTC)
UncleFester

United States

Thanks Pat! I was afraid that would be the answer.

Of course, I've been doing it that way for years, but the idea that I could just click a box and the name/dims are "just there!" and centered in the room, and auto-updated, and, and,

lol... My wife hasn't seen me for three days...

Thanks again!
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:53:50 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi UncleFester,

LOL Laugh It is good to know that you are enjoying the program.

For additional resources, check my new tutorials in my website and my Facebook page. Of course, check my eBook exclusive for V20 users.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store