logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phwip  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 8:40:17 PM(UTC)
Phwip

United States

Good Day,
In Punch Home and Landscape Design version 14, I could change the color of the wood components for my beams, rafters, joists, etc. This was a very useful tool to show building inspectors and clients what the house skeleton looks like. I cannot find the way to do it in Punch Essentials version 20. Am I missing something or has it been taken out of this version?
Thank you for your help,
Phwip
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 2, 2018 1:29:45 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Phwip

Do you mean the structural components visualized in Framing rendering mode? If so, notice that the textures of the structural components (columns, beams, etc) can't be modified (any program, any version)

Just to confirm => the image below is a screenshot of version 14.

Framing Textures.jpg (108kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

But if you added structural elements as 3D objects, you can apply any texture (using Shaded rendering mode)

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Dennik  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 6:37:57 PM(UTC)
Dennik

United States

In regard to Phwip's question, in version 14, yes you can change the colors of a beam, joists or column when you are in launch power mode framing. Once you select a beam, joist or column, double click on it and a menu box appears with options, in those options you will see color choices. Choose a color of your choice click ok and then ok again in the next menu box and you should see the beam or whatever you chose change colors, but I have noticed that in version 20 this cannot be done, it seems as though this option has been omitted. I have been using version 14 for years and found that this option is very very useful. I constantly use different colors to show certain size beams or sizes of joists ect. Hope this helps. Dennik
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 3, 2018 7:38:40 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Some notes to clarify two (very) different concepts:

1 - In Punch, it is not possible to apply a new texture using the programs' textures (Materials Library -drag and drop) on any structural model component visualized in Framing Rendering mode. This is valid for all the programs and versions.
As shown in my previous post, this is the screenshot of version 14, for example.

Framing Textures.jpg (108kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

2 - In Punch, it is possible to change the type of material of the different structural components. This is valid for all the programs and versions. The only difference is the selection mode.
=> If you are using Version 14, for example => go to the Framing tab => draw the structural component (a beam in the image below) => right click on the component => a list with the different types of materials will appear in the tool options bar (right of the screen, outlined in red in the image below).

framing V14.jpg (20kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

=> If you are using Version 20 => go to the Framing tab => draw the structural component (a beam in the image below) => select the component => a list with the different types of materials will appear in the properties bar (right of the screen, outlined in green in the image below). Notice that this list featuring the types of materials appears when you select a component in the workspace and also when you select the component tool (beam tool, outlined in magenta in the image below)

Framing Materials V20.JPG (41kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

So, as you see, both V14 and 20 ahve the same features regarding the materials of the framing components.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store