logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
glueman  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 8:34:04 PM(UTC)
glueman

United States

My question of the day, I have upgraded to P.H+L Design Premium 20, I would like to build a addition to my home at this point 12FTx36FT. with a new stairs to 2nd level and a elevator( from a forklift) 1st question would I input the complete house and then create the addon or just the addition. later I will rebuild part of the existing structure, Not I am Very computer savvy, thank you.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 9:40:29 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Glad to know that you upgraded to V20 ThumpUp

Regarding you question:

Actually, there are different options, depending of your necessities and preferences.

1 - You can create 2 Punch files: one for the original house and another file for the original house + the addition. This option will be very useful if you need to create "before and after" plans, elevations, etc.
2 - You can create 3 Punch files: one for the original house, a second one for the addition, and a third file for the original house + the addition. This option will be very useful if you need to compare materials and costs for each option using the Estimator Power Tool.
3 - Your new Premium V20 program allows 6 floors. Notice that the floors are just locations in the space, so you can set two or more levels as different floors but with the same elevation. Therefore, you can set each stage as a different floor. You can print / visualize each floor separately, but at also, if you wish, you can visualize the entire project.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
glueman  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 9:52:43 PM(UTC)
glueman

United States

Thank you very much, so the learning steps get steeper.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2019 10:01:10 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
You are welcome! Smile

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to develop the different components.
Of course, let us know if you have additional questions.
You will find free tutorials in my Website and Facebook page
If you are interested, this is the link for the V20 eBook for Windows. Also see a link to my eBooks page below, in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store