logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David Taylor  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 2:46:03 PM(UTC)
David Taylor

United States

I am using HDS Complete for Mac, v20, with OS X 10.11.6. I gather this program will only import SketchUp files from 2017 or earlier. My trouble is, I simply cannot import ANYTHING from the SketchUp 3D Warehouse. I have filtered their catalog by modified date four different ways, trying to isolate files in the 2016 or 2017 formats. No luck. I have clicked and clicked all over the warehouse after filtering it and I have tried to open at least 25 files. Nothing works. I have not been able to open even ONE file. What is going on here? Does SketchUp automatically convert every upload to the warehouse to 2019 format? Is the Import function in HDS Complete Mac so picky that it is useless?? Any advice at all of any kind would be appreciated.
David Taylor
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:34:43 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi David,

Glad to see you at the Forum! ThumpUp

Nope, the problem is not with Punch.

In this case, the problem is with the 3D Warehouse website (they don't explain all the options). This is the issue => If you find a Sketchup model that you like and you just click on the "Download" button, by default, it will be downloaded as Version 2019. However, on the right side of the "Download" button there is a small white arrow (pointed with a green arrow in the image below) => by clicking on the arrow => a drop down will open => you can select the different versions => Version 2017 (pointed with a blue arrow in the image below) or previous versions are available for all the Sketchup objects in the 3D Warehouse website. So, you can download and import any object.

Sketchup Version 2017.jpg (25kb) downloaded 2 time(s).

An additional tip: If you prefer to change the version number of an object, you can download the Sketchup program (it is free) => just open the object => Save as => select the version => proceed to import the object to Punch.

More info about importing Sketchup objects => check this tutorial in my Facebook page.

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
David Taylor  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:13:41 PM(UTC)
David Taylor

United States

Thanks very much for the clarification. Actually, I was just stupidly clicking the "download" icon on the search results page, and that also defaults to 2019. First, you need to open a window for the object in question, then you can reach the download options. (That tiny, tiny arrow isn't much of an indication that there are options, but it is there.) I have now downloaded several 2017 objects, and they show up fine in HDS Complete.
David Taylor
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:27:36 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi David,

You're welcome!

Thank you for your feedback BigGrin

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store