logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
c-mocha  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 12:43:06 AM(UTC)
c-mocha

United States

Hi,
When I use the 3D view or preview, the rendering looks rather lousy.. meaning it seems grainy and not smooth like in the tutorials or adds for this software. I have a fully loaded MAC that displays graphics great, but this program preview and 3D not so great.
I there a tip for getting that photo like quality I see in the tutorials and your videos and ads for this software. I am using the Home Design Studio Complete 20 for MAC.
Thanks for any advise. It looked so promising..
CC
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:44:34 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Most of the images in the tutorials, website, etc were developed with Punch for Windows using photo realistic rendering. Unfortunately, this feature is not included in the Punch for Mac programs.
You can see the comparison of different features in these charts for Windows and Mac.

Anyway, there are several resources that you can use in order to get a great rendering:
1 - Use textures with a good resolution, this makes a great difference
2 - Analyze and try different light options, especially ambient light, shadows, etc.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
c-mocha  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 4:52:03 AM(UTC)
c-mocha

United States

HI Patricia,
Thank you for such a speedy reply. However, the workaround is not satisfactory to doodle around and try other textures with a good resolution. I need to use what my drawings or clients call for and in a timely manner. I recall asking the sales person about the features of this software that shortcoming of the MAC version was not told to me. I hope I will be able to get a refund since this won't work as promised.
Thank you,
CC
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2020 5:01:59 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Originally Posted by: c-mocha Go to Quoted Post
I recall asking the sales person about the features of this software that shortcoming of the MAC version was not told to me. I hope I will be able to get a refund since this won't work as promised.CC

As you probably know, I am just a volunteer here, trying to help Punch users.Wink
Therefore, in order to discuss refunds or what the sales person explained, I'd suggest that you contact directly the sales department.

All the best,
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store