logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Newell, Tom  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:06:34 PM(UTC)
Newell, Tom

Hi Patricia,

I'm trying to install cabinets on a wall which has an "outside corner" (vs an inside corner--I hope that makes sense). When I try to slide the cabinet all the way to the end of the wall, right to the edge of the wall, Punch won't allow it. It seems to stop about midway thru the end wall (so if the wall is 4" thick, there is still about 2" before the cabinet goes to the end of the wall.)

Is there a "secret" to override this and get a cabinet to sit all the way at the end of the wall?

PS I thought of another way to explain the situation. Imagine a free standing wall, let's say 60" long. If I wanted to put two 30" cabinets on that wall, they won't fit because they won't slide all the way to the end of the wall.

As usual, HELP!

Tom
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:10:01 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hello,

Can you inform your version number, please?
V20, V21, etc?
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
Newell, Tom  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 9:31:48 PM(UTC)
Newell, Tom

Sure, sorry, its 20.0.3.1013

Thanks!

Tom
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2020 10:32:26 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the information regarding your Punch version.

Unfortunately, as the cabinets are attached components, there is not a simple solution to insert the end cabinets. But in order to solve the issue, you can use this work around that you can use with free standing wall that you mentioned or in a room.

1 - Say you have a wall Length = 100" and you wish to set two 50" cabinets.
2 - Create a separated wall with Length = 50" => modify the settings of this wall => Thickness = 2" (for example) => Height = 2" (for example)=> insert the 50" cabinet is this wall.
3 - Select and copy the 50" wall => you will have 2 copies of the wall + the cabinet.
4 - Move the 50' walls on the 100" wall => the partial walls will be hidden under the 100" walls and both cabinets will be in place.

See image attached (for better visualization, in this image the 50" walls are not under the 100" wall)

Cabinet end location.JPG (20kb) downloaded 4 time(s).

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Newell, Tom  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 12:17:55 AM(UTC)
Newell, Tom

I'll give that a go, thanks!
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:18:03 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
You're welcome! ThumpUp

Cabinets Galore!!! 😎

The new Cabinets Collection!

- A new collection with dozens of cabinets, islands, sets, pieces, etc. They don’t need to be attached to a wall and they can be customized using different models, hardware, materials, colors, and features.

UserPostedImage

- The cabinets can be edited or modified using the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool or 3D Custom Workshop Pro Power Tool.
- The collection was developed from scratch by Patricia Gamburgo and can be imported into any Punch! Software®, IMSI TurboFloorPlan® or Avanquest Architect 3D® program (English or French Versions), Windows or Mac, for all the programs Version 18, Version 19, Version 20, and Version 21 as well as Version 2016, Version 2017, Version 2019, Version 2020, and Version 2021.
- The collection includes Installation Instructions in English and French with tutorials and screenshots to install and use the models (for both Mac and Windows programs).
- The cabinets are installed in the User Library so you can drag and drop them directly in the plan or in 3D.

UserPostedImage

- Create the best projects by choosing and editing among the more than 140 options including Custom Cabinets and Sets.

UserPostedImage

- Visualize your room design with the different shapes and styles of cabinets and islands.

UserPostedImage

- Different formats as well as matching sets to add an original touch with cabinets that can be placed on any space independently of the shape and size.

UserPostedImage

I hope you enjoy The new Cabinets Collection! 😃
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store