logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rangerfied  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 10:24:50 PM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Sorry if this may have been posted before, but I didn't notice a topic.

I have been designing again on my Home and Landscape Design Ver 17.7.1. Older I know but it does what I need it to do as I'm not a professional architect. Just a dream career I had.

I have a design of house which is basically a back split. The front portion of the house has no basement and the back does. I have stairs going up to the level with the bedrooms and bathroom. However, when I put stairs to go in the downstairs, the stair opening would go through the wall. I have basement walls coming up past ground level like an elevated bungalow. Then I have placed on the walls for the top level on top of that. I've placed my opening for the stairs to go into the basement, but when doing the floor cutout on the main floor, you're able to see the fourth side of the cutout in the opening. Is there a way to get rid of this?

My area with no basement under it has an elevation of 0" and the part with a basement is down -4-4" with 8' walls.

HomeDesign.jpg (35kb) downloaded 5 time(s). HomeDesign1.jpg (31kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2021 11:03:20 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Stairs are a little tricky. Always keep in mind that in Punch, the stairs always go from the lower level to the top level.

Some tips:

1 - Instead of floor / ceiling cutouts, remove the automatic elements and create new ones using the floor toll (Floor Tab).
2 - For the stacked walls with openings, create a single wall (full height) and add the opening with the desired elevation.

If you are interested, my eBook Fast & Easy - Create Your 3D Project in 8 Fast & Easy Steps explains step by step how to develop a house with a walkout basement, as you can see in this image from the eBook.

UserPostedImage

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Rangerfied  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 3:56:12 PM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Thank you. I'll give it a try and see. The only thing I'm trying to fix in order to finish off this design and move on to another. Well other than decorating and painting walls, etc. lol
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2021 4:02:30 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

You're welcome! ThumpUp

Good luck with your projects,
Rangerfied  
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2021 10:06:16 PM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Thanks for the good luck on my projects.

I am just working on removing the stacked walls. What I am now trying to figure out is when I put the wall full height, and to have it show up in 3D in the basement, I change the elevation to -4'-0". However, going to the 2D plan and working on the basement floor, the wall doesn't show there when connecting another wall to it. Only shows in a faint image so I know it's on the first floor plan or vice versa if I place it on the basement floor plan.

How do you make it show that a wall is attached to it? Do you create a wall and minimize the height, to show it's attached? Just leave it as it shows in my posted image and draw a floor?

Hope how I'm explaining it, makes sense.

Thanks

HomeDesign2.jpg (45kb) downloaded 6 time(s). HomeDesign3.jpg (51kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 12:26:50 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I am not sure if I understand the problem and in addition, I can't read your notes in the images.

Anyway, I think that I can point a couple of issues:

1 - Review the elevations of the basement and set the terrain levels accordingly.
2 - Don't forget that the walls in the perimeter must be an enclosed polygon.

Hope this helps.
Rangerfied  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 1:04:39 AM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Main Floor

Basement Floor

I uploaded to my Amazon photos and maybe that'll show them bigger. I tried the insert photo and putting link in, but preview only showed the link.

Basically if I put the wall with an elevation of -4'-0", this puts the wall starting below ground. I put height to be 16' as I have high ceilings in the area on the main floor. Plus it has to extend up to the higher level at the back of the house. This all works out fine in 3D view of the house.
Then I go to the basement of house. I draw a wall to attach to this wall I've placed, but since I started it on the main level it doesn't show on the basement level.

If I should instead start this wall on the basement level it all shows fine in the 3D view too. But again on the main floor if I go to attach another inside wall to it, then it's not there since I started it on the basement floor.

If the link works for you, then you may need to click on the image to bring it up bigger. If they don't I'll try to find some way of making it post.

Thank you once again.

Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2021 4:18:05 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

I can see the images now.
The wall must be in the lower floor, however, you need to fix the 2 issues noted in my previous post.

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
1 - Review the elevations of the basement and set the terrain levels accordingly.
2 - Don't forget that the walls in the perimeter must be an enclosed polygon.

Hope this helps.
Rangerfied  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 12:19:37 AM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Okay I kind of understand what you saying. Not sure why terrain would need adjusting though if this was to be a place built on relatively flat ground. Unless you're speaking of the overall working elevation?

I just see on the 2D image, when I place the wall, and adjust the height so it goes to the full height I need, then switch to the main floor, the wall is a light blue. Basically indicating it's a wall in the basement. So if you wanted on the main floor to connect a wall to it, there really isn't anything to connect too. Yes it shows on the 3D image like it's one large wall which is good.
Guess I'm just used to paper drawing maybe, when you draw a floor plan, you draw all the walls. I think this may be why I typically stack the walls.

A lot of homes in my area have basements. There are lots of elevated bungalows, side splits and back splits.

Maybe this is where I need you're book? Not sure. Right now not working and this is just some play time so may need to hold off.

2D Main Floor
Rangerfied  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 12:24:08 AM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Plus I see adding my doorway to the part where my stairs are going up on the main level to the bedrooms, I have to put on the basement level and adjust the elevation so it shows up in 3D in the right location. If I try to add on main level the program doesn't recognize the wall being there in 2D.
Patricia G.  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2021 2:49:31 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

The walls appear (in 2D) only in the level where you inserted the wall. If you select "View Working Floor Only", you won't see the clear blue walls.

I see an additional problem now: you are joining two elevations in the same floor. Set the floors according with their respective elevations.

Hope this helps.

Rangerfied  
#12 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 2:50:43 AM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Originally Posted by: Patricia G. Go to Quoted Post
Hi there,

The walls appear (in 2D) only in the level where you inserted the wall. If you select "View Working Floor Only", you won't see the clear blue walls.

I see an additional problem now: you are joining two elevations in the same floor. Set the floors according with their respective elevations.

Hope this helps.

I haven't tried this yet, but will.

Thanks for assisting.
Patricia G.  
#13 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2021 3:25:59 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Glad to be of help! ThumpUp
Rangerfied  
#14 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2021 8:44:06 PM(UTC)
Rangerfied

Sorry to bring this topic back again, but still having some issues. I have been doing other things and not playing around with the program.

I went back to this design and tried approaching it from the point of each level being it's own floor. So my basement, floor 1 and 2nd level all have their own set working elevation. My basement is -4'-0", floor 1 is 0" and 2nd level is 4'-0". So 4' of the basement is in the ground and 4' is above ground.

There is one wall that runs up all 3 working floors. So drawing it in on the basement level and leaving the height of the wall at 8' and the same on the floor 1 and 2nd level, all looks okay with it stacked. However when putting my stairs in the basement level to run to the floor 1 level, I still see part of a wall from stacking. If I adjust this one wall's height on any of the floors, then my ceiling changes.

I figure I'm getting the partial image of a wall in my opening because I'm placing the opening on the basement plan and it's at an elevation of -4'-0" and the opening is 7' and of course the wall is at 8'.

This wall that runs all the way up, if i delete it on the other two levels and place it on the basement level only, adjust the height to run all the way to the 2nd level I lose my flooring on the main level and my ceiling

Basement

Floor 1

2nd Level