logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Phil in the Plank  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:35:38 PM(UTC)
Phil in the Plank

Canada

Good day.
Thanks ahead of time for any help that can be offered.Smile

I'm modeling a home with parts of the structure not oriented north-south.
The flooring material direction in these rooms is being auto-directed along north-south lines.

1. Has anyone sorted out how to change the angle of flooring material displayed?

I've tried deleting the flooring, and then, from the framing tab, building a new floor with joist running the proper direction but the auto-placed joists are still there as well. (they seem to be auto-placed with the flooring defined using the "Floor Tools" > Flooring)

2. How do we turn off or change the auto joists (they are running at the wrong angle)?

I suspect the flooring is being displayed perpendicular to the auto joists but can't seem to modify either thing.

Cheers
Phil
Home Design Studio Complete v20.0.1
Macbook Pro 2012, Catalina 10.15.7
1234PT  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 14, 2021 2:03:39 AM(UTC)
1234PT

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
For finishing materials: rotate the texture
For framing: rotate the elements. User Guide - Chapter 17

Both topics are well explained in the user guide.
thanks 1 user thanked 1234PT for this useful post.
Forum Host on 5/14/2021(UTC)
Phil in the Plank  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 5:35:17 PM(UTC)
Phil in the Plank

Canada

Thanks for the help 1234PT, but I'm still stuck.

Re:Finishing materials: rotate the texture.

I have read and re-read and searched the document for "texture" and "rotate" and cannot find anything so if there is a instruction on it could you point me to the page number. Nothing in the index called "finishing" or "texture" either.
Thanks.

Re:Rotating the elements particularly framing.
I will use some screen captures to explain my problem.

After re-reading the framing section and trying to find a way to disable or change or remove the auto-placed joists that are part of he program from the moment I draw a room, I've come up short.
I have framed my own floors, change the joist angles, changed materials, etc. but cannot change the default placed joists.

Chapter 17 does not help with the default/auto joist only making your own floor framing.

Framing default.png (347kb) downloaded 1 time(s). After framing joist tool.png (379kb) downloaded 1 time(s). Flooring texture direction after joist tool.png (354kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

In the pics I've changed my joist material to metal to show the difference between the default joist and the ones I want.
I cannot seem to remove the default wood ones or change their direction.

The flooring is running perpendicular to the default wood joist and I cannot find a way to alter this.

What am I missing?

Any more help with this would be great for this framing noob.
Phil in the Plank  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2021 6:23:44 PM(UTC)
Phil in the Plank

Canada

Ok. So I've solved the auto generated joist problem, mostly.
Still need the material/texture rotated.

In case anyone else is trying to figure out the auto-joists...

Page 88 of the User Manual in Foundations Plan Tab (Chapter 8) shows the dialogue you want to bring up.

(If PUNCH is reading it would be nice to have the Chapter numbers in the table of contents)

I had to be working on Floor1 in 2D and then select the foundation perimeter.
This took me a moment to sort because you don't select the actual floor inside the walls you want to change, nor do you select the foundation, you click OUTSIDE the foundation lines. (top of page 159 says it all)
As I'm sure most of you know you cannot see the foundation selection zone. It only becomes visible once you click on the area. Same as when you work with auto roofs.

So then I opened up framing properties->framing options and un-checked all the boxes.

This removed the default-placed joists so I could place my own without interference.

Sorry for the duplication if there is a perfect example in the user manual. Feel free to add the page number for it. I couldn't find it.

Still does not solve the texture/materials rotating problem though.