logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgw51gmc  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 2:36:48 PM(UTC)
kgw51gmc

United States

All I want to do is size rooms without dragging a mouse. Dragging the mouse is so tedious and so sensitive. I need a room 108"X96" and it's next to impossible to drag the walls around that exact. Can't I type the measurements in?!!
I'm a home inspector and I have dozens of homes that I need to inspect which all require a layout of the floor plan to be attached at the end of my reports. So I'm measuring rooms, doors, windows and trying to put them into PUNCH! and it's taking FOREVER because I'm sitting around like a moron with the mouse trying to drag the boxes (rooms) by the corner to get the exact right size. I can't right click on the box, or double click onto the dimensions, there's nothing I can find in the tool bar to do this. It's just drag it dumbly until I get lucky enough for the room to be the right size....
Am I the only one doing this? I hope so. I have hundreds of rooms that I need to create and this is taking forever. I'd be better off in Corel Draw or Paint or something. Thanks everyone!
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 2:42:17 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi there,

when you post questions at the Forum, please inform the exact version number of your program (V15 or V18 or V21, etc)
Different programs and versions include different features, so we need the information in order to provide the correct solutions.
On the PC you will find this info in the main menu => Help => About… On the Mac this info is on the title menu => About…
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
thanks 1 user thanked Forum Host for this useful post.
kgw51gmc on 7/16/2021(UTC)
kgw51gmc  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 8:07:28 PM(UTC)
kgw51gmc

United States

VERSION 20.0.3.1019 PUNCH Interior Design Suite

I also can't figure out how to resize a layout. I've finished a few storage buildings on this program and then realized they are only the size of a silver dollar on the page! I hit shift and then drag over the entire schematic, then try to find some way to resize and there is nothing. How can you resize a schematic so it'll be visible without a microscope?
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 8:59:03 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Just to clarify => do you mean the dimensions in QuickStart mode or in project mode?
Regarding the size => can you post a screenshot of the issue?

How to post images

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
kgw51gmc  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:07:29 PM(UTC)
kgw51gmc

United States

Also--once you leave the first screen, where you pick your rooms and stack them together...you can't go back. And it always says "Hallway" Or "Kitchen" in the block, you can't change it??? I call all the porches "BONUS" rooms and then label them separately with Text tool. Can't get rid of the word "Bonus". THere is no eraser tool that I can find either. I've been on this program today for...10 hours and am getting nowhere. Is there a real program available out there anywhere? I want to do the next step beyond drawing it by hand, and so far it seems there is nothing available. This PUNCH program allows you do draw a few shapes, then you are trapped by the program with no ability to modify them or move things properly. I'm about to give up.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2021 10:26:18 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

The QuickStart mode is just this, a fast layout, that you can use or just bypass it.
Therefore, after you press the "Continue" button you will be able to save, import, trace, print, move, use the Power Tools, set the precision and units, as well as use all the Punch features.
In project mode, you can define manually the length of the walls, for example.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Read and follow the manual (this is important), see the videos => try to create elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the commands and how to manage the different components and solutions .

Keep in mind that Punch is a Home Design program, so, differently of Corel Draw, or Paint or CAD (they are drawing programs) you must follow the different steps to create the different building components.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store