logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
amigadon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 10:55:25 PM(UTC)
amigadon

United States

Is there a way to send the Print 3-D Printer output to a file instead of a printer? I have been able to Print the the 2-D and the 3-D elevation views to Soda PDF but when I try to print the 3-D cutaway view the rendering icon appeasers for a second and screen just flashes and nothing happens.

I am having a problem with The Elevation view, the the Elevation measurements I get in the 3-D Elevation don't match the dimension height's in the 2-D view, I'm thinking it has to do with how drew the roof. My Roof is a 2' high Trussed Rafter with 2' tails at a 3/12 pitch. To do this I drew the roof around the house and set the roof rafters to to 2X2 ft and the spacing to to 1'-4" then added two foot over hangs set to 2x 4" at 16" spacing, which seems to render ok in the frame view but in the render view there is a gap between the Roof and the 2' overhang roof. It seems that in the render view the main Rafter roof is being rendered as a 2"x 4" rafter instead of a 2 X 2' Rafter.

Is there a way to send japgs of what I'm describing?
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 12, 2023 11:59:58 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 140 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Hi there,

Originally Posted by: amigadon Go to Quoted Post
Is there a way to send the Print 3-D Printer output to a file instead of a printer? I have been able to Print the the 2-D and the 3-D elevation views to Soda PDF but when I try to print the 3-D cutaway view the rendering icon appeasers for a second and screen just flashes and nothing happens.

Probably it is a problem with your PDF program. As you can see in the image below, it works fine with Adobe PDF.

Anyway, you can use and print using the Sheet Layout Mode tab.

I am having a problem with The Elevation view, the the Elevation measurements I get in the 3-D Elevation don't match the dimension height's in the 2-D view, I'm thinking it has to do with how drew the roof. My Roof is a 2' high Trussed Rafter with 2' tails at a 3/12 pitch. To do this I drew the roof around the house and set the roof rafters to to 2X2 ft and the spacing to to 1'-4" then added two foot over hangs set to 2x 4" at 16" spacing, which seems to render ok in the frame view but in the render view there is a gap between the Roof and the 2' overhang roof. It seems that in the render view the main Rafter roof is being rendered as a 2"x 4" rafter instead of a 2 X 2' Rafter.

The elevations in framing mode and render mode are different because in framing mode you can't set the soffit. In render view, the roof elevation must be adjusted manually. Select the roof => set the elevation.

Is there a way to send japgs of what I'm describing?

Do you mean post image in the Forum? Sure, follow the instructions called How to Post Images in the Forum

Hope this helps.

Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store