logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
LUVTheUnderdog  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2024 6:00:32 PM(UTC)
LUVTheUnderdog

United States

I have the latest version V22. I upgraded purposely for the improved performance. However, to date I have been unable to render a Photo Quality result despite increasing the run time to well over 30 minutes. Even the 3D final quality runs for well over an hour.

I have designed an entire main floor. It seems the final quality for both 3D and Photo attempts to render the ENTIRE design instead of just the current camera angle in my 3D view.

How do I carve out a section of the design to include in the final quality output thereby ignoring the rest of the home? I even tried multiple versions where I eliminated every room except that of which I'm attempting to produce the final quality output. Still, not even close.

Thought I would share some images. The doll house view explains the scope of this design. The 3D view is an example of what I need to render in final Photo or 3D quality.
Audra_and_Sean_FINAL.39.png (479kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
Audra_and_Sean_FINAL.39.png (479kb) downloaded 3 time(s).
Forum Host  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2024 10:43:18 PM(UTC)
Forum Host

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Can you repost the first image? Both images are identical.
To insert pictures in your post, please follow these instructions .
Punch! Software Forum Host
Questions or Comments about the Forum? Email Me!
[email protected]
LUVTheUnderdog  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2024 8:49:48 PM(UTC)
LUVTheUnderdog

United States

Audra_and_Sean_FINAL.Optimal.8.png (288kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
This image took over an hour to render at the LOWEST 3D output setting.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2024 9:59:56 PM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi there,

Your question has several answers and a number of issues to be considered.

1 - Your program includes two rendering modes: 3D Rendering and Photo-Realistic Rendering. The first one (3D Rendering, that is the one you used in your image) uses your video card to create the rendered image: this means that if you don't have a good VC or your have an integrated card, the rendering speed is very low (depends of lots of factors in your design). The second rendering mode (Photo-Realistic Rendering) uses your computer motherboard so it is very fast: you just need to define the correct settings.

2 - 3D Rendering always renders all the model and elements (unless you hide some elements). Photo-Realistic Rendering renders just the scene.

3 - Important fact: when you use Photo-Realistic Rendering you need to set all the sunlight options, rendering time, denoising, as well as the 3D and light effects.

4 - Important Fact 2: you can't mix the settings of both rendering modes.

Check my galleries to see different images, rendering styles, etc.

Punch, as any program, has a learning curve. The best way to learn the program, IMO, is practice + practice + practice => Take the time to read, search and follow the User Guide (this is important) => try to create simple elements not related with your project, so you will become familiar with the rendering commands and how to manage the different settings.

If you are interested, my eBook for Punch V22 for Windows includes all the features, lots of tutorials, screen guides, examples, rendering how-tos as well as images for each setting.

Hope this helps.
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store