logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi again Greg,

The situation you are reporting is happening because you are trying to import the plan in the wrong unit.

So you need to import your plan in the right unit to get the right scale. This is a very important step

Check the if the plan is in feet, inches, etc and click this option in the second import screen. Check the image attached.

Hope this helps,

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
forever17  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
forever17

Patricia, I will certainly try that. I do recall that box. Unfortunatley I've lost the file and am waiting for the engineer to re-send it to me. Would that explain the slow speed? Thanks, Greg(4ever17).
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Greg,

Yes, probably.
Think about this, if your plan has, say, 300" x 300", but you imported it as feet, Punch is managing a 300' x 300' plan. I am sure that the functions will show sloooooow speed :-)

Regards,

Patricia
forever17  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
forever17

Patricia, I'm finally starting to get a handle on all of this importing and exporting stuff and understanding the way it all works. The young man thats doing the programing for the fire system I'm installing was on site the last two days and he had the file he sent me on his laptop and last night we were able to get it into the punch program. He showed me a few ways of saving folders and we made sure and set up a folder I could always retrieve it from. You were right about the import size. We tried importing it in feet and inches and it was still to large to fit on the design window. (You only have so many options.) We ended up importing it in centimeters and it was finally in a size I could deal with. The original floor plan was done on autocad in 1988. This specific plan was a detail plan of the school and showed everything imaginable from the faucet handles metal racks, all of the fire alarm devices and like I said,"everything imaginable". Needless to say it ran real slow. For what I want to do with the plan I didn't need all the detail so I started deleting what wasn"t necessary and as I did it started responding quicker and quicker. I think I'm finally starting to understand. Thanks Greg(4ever17).
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Greg,

Glad to know that the file is working now!

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia