logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Jeff,

I (as well as other users) run AS 3000 with Win XP, without problems.
If you tell us the issues you found and the characteristics of your computer, including your video card, we'll help you.

Regards,

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Jordan, Jeff  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Jordan, Jeff

Hi Patricia, My XP computer is an Athlon 2200 w/ 128k ram ( I can increase this) the video is on board 64bit agp that's all I know. I only have two pci slots available on this computer for improvements. I've had problems printing the 3d screen and can't create new surface message alot. It has crashed when attempting to open parts of program. Also get rescue on restart, Loss of previous surfaces. Currently can't start at all due to "can't do new surface" error on start-up. I had bought 5-1 first I liked so much I immediately bought the full blown version. If I can't workout maybe I need something in between? I don't have a video card that will work on this new computer and options are limited IMO. 5-1 programs runs fine. TIA, ~j
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Jeff,

Regarding your problems, is hard to understand what is going on

If you can elaborate "can't create new surface message alot"; "get rescue on restart, Loss of previous surfaces"; "can't do new surface" error on start-up", it will help a lot.

Anyway, if you just installed your software, perhaps is a good idea check the hardware and installation with the people of Punch's Technical Support

Patricia
Jordan, Jeff  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 8, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Jordan, Jeff

I bought another computer and I think that solved the problem. I'll be giving punch a call to straighten out registrations. I bought 5-1 product after looking at it I bought AS3000. I'll be taking that computer back to store after I clean the hard drive. I can't return the 5-1 program....so if I can resale to a friend I think he would be interested in your programs. I saw him using a 2d cad. I bought the two programs days apart. I see now I need another cad program so I can create boulders and waterfall objects in wireframe....can you recommend a third party add-on or compatible program? I thought I could create rocks by wireframe in AS3000? Putting concrete steps, bands, radius's and designs in floors is really very hard so far and getting dirt/concrete elevations etc where I want is tough. I'll be trying to copy stuff off my old hard drive with old OS on to new computer drive so I may need to re-install if I screw-up the hard drive....I've never had much luck with old drives and data. I'm asking someone how I can do this.
A, Joe  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
A, Joe

I too had issues with AS 3000 running on my brand new Gateway which is loaded with WinXP, came with a Pentium IV, 256K memory (RAM) & an Intel "virtual" memory graphics card which touted 128K memory. I have since expanded my memory (RAM) to 512K (maxed out for the most part), installed NVIDIA AGP type graphics card (PCIs are slower)and my system FLIES!! I lost the LiveView problems I was experiencing before (which I posted about)and the RENderIng time has been cut to 1/3 on complicated files (lots of objects and plants). On less complicated files I have to slow down my walk-arounds and fly-bys due to it now being too fast and the rendering on those is almost instantaneous. The memory card was the greatest help, I believe. The graphics card corrected an issue with Intel's "virtual" memory. Their hardware strategy is based upon shared resources so you're never getting 100% of the card's resources. I received some great direction from an excellent young salesman from CompUSA. Kid's a gamer and knew his stuff. I just printed out my computer specs and took that with me. I hope this info makes sense and helps anyone who's experiencing problems. The bottom line is as always: Bigger - Faster - Better - $$$.
Szczepanek, Pawel  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Szczepanek, Pawel

I use new version of Punch software (Home Design AS 3000 v. 7.0.0) and when I want to use rendering function I get message about error. After sending an error report to Microsoft I get detail, that reason of mine problem is in ATI graphic card. When I make ATI driver disable - everything works - I can use all software function, but at that time I don't have all my PC features. I use notebook HP Pavilion ze4427wm with Windows XP and ATI driver pack SP25731 (the latest) from HP web site. When I mentioned my problem to HP technical service they replied that I should ask punch technical service, because they don't know how rendering works in Punch software. Before I used to Professional Home Design and everything was all right (this same computer and drivers). So, maybe someone knows what should I do - maybe is enough to change some settings? Pawel
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Pawel,

I suggest to download the latest version of Catalyst for Win XP (it is free)

http://www.ati.com/index.html

It fixes a lot of problems and improves the rendering quality

Hope this helps

Patricia