logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VE5DGD, David  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
VE5DGD, David

It would be nice to see one of this sample movies before I consider purchasing AS 3000. Is there one available on the Punch site? As slow as AS 18 is on my Athlon 2 GIG with 256 meg of ram and 3DForce 4 MX440 Twin video card, does AS 3000 respond quicker when requesting LiveView? It takes almost 10 minutes for my full drawing to become visible after it goes through the RenDeRiNG mode. :)
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
HI David VEDGD,

I uploaded a sample of AVI movie. It is a short walk through in the kitchen of a Customer. I didn't use the angle function or shadows to make it easy to load.
You can check it at:

http://www.punchhelpers.com/avitest

Depending of your modem speed, it will take a short time to load and start.

Let me know if you have questions,

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
VE5DGD, David  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
VE5DGD, David

Hello Patricia I've tried on several occasions, day and night, home and work to view the AVI file you gave the link for. No luck. I get a page that keeps saying "Loading" and nothing ever comes up. I am running on high speed. How big is the file I am attempting to view?
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 3, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi David VE5DGD,

The file is around 8,650 Kb. With high speed, it takes around 20 - 30 seconds to load (in my 2 computers).
Let me help you:
- When you click the link, do you see the screen as the image attached?
- Do you have a firewall with "no animations" selected?

Let me know if you still experience difficulties or if you prefer, send me a screen shot (to check what is appearing when you check the link):

Patricia
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 4, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi David VE5DGD,

I uploaded a smaller AVI movie, so it will load faster.

You can check it at the same address

http://www.punchhelpers.com/avitest

Let me know if you still experience difficulties

Patricia
Seguin, Peter  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Seguin, Peter

I just upgraded to the new AS3000 series and am very impressed. It's my opinion that it IS worth the upgrade. Check the Punch! site for all the new features. I just can't say enough except. Good job Punch!! Keep 'em comin. I'm just an ordinary user. Peter
bldoyle  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
bldoyle

I am having trouble setting an animation path that continuously changes the viewing elevation from say high to low. I can set different segments to different elevations using design+set working elevation, but thats about it. stringing segments together then becomes kinda choppy. any suggestions. The manual is not clear how to set these elevations, at least that i can find. also, (and i am assuming here that someone from Punch! will read this!), did you guys leave out your phone number in the 3000 user guide on purpose or by accident? i'll bet your tired of my calls, eh? -Barney
PunchMan  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
PunchMan

The animation path elevations are set based on each point's elevation. So if you want the first segment of the path to start and end at 6', select the first and second point, and use the elvation slider to set it to 6'.If you want the segment to transitino from 6' to 12' select the first point only and set to 6' and then select the second point and set it to 12'. FYI, there are some useful quick tips and sample paths under the help menu.
PunchMan  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
PunchMan

In reply to: My favorite is the ability to finally be able to look around (up and down at any angle) in the liveview window. This alone made the upgrade worth it to me. It used to be your eyes were locked at 90 degrees in liveview walkthru mode, making you feel half blind in tight spaces. Strangely you cannot look around at the same time as walking (the way you can in a 3-d video game), so you can either walk around looking at 90 degrees or stop and look around at any angle up/down/left/right from that spot. So not ideal, but it's a major improvement. Try holding down the left mouse button in 3D and using the arrow keys to move around(make sure the Controlled Walk-Through tool is selected). If you hold down the right mouse and use the arrow keys you will change elevations based on where you are looking. Be sure to let up on the keys before letting up on the mouse button or you will nudge anything selected in 2D. If it moves too fast use the speed control in the bottom left of LiveVeiw to slow it down.
projectswest  
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
projectswest

Is this now more of a "CAD" program? I have always been dissapointed that the line control for the walls is very weak. I can't ever use a fraction of and inch. (I am used to autocad's exactness) Dimensioning control is very tough on the punch professional version I have. The program doesn't seem to care which side of the wall its on and thus it winds up being incorrect much of the time.
Cokonis, Jim  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Cokonis, Jim

I am new user and the 3000 series is my first purchase. In reading some of the other responses it seems like speed is an issue for some operations. I just want to say I have not found any yet. If anything items like live view is too fast and touchy. I have to turn down the speed. All I can say so far is it is a good program. I have a few questions I will pose in other areas. FWIW on a P4 3.0gig with 1gig of memory and a Raid 0 array with an ATI 9600 pro it flies! Jim
jhnob1  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
jhnob1

I have just upgraded to AS 3000, specifically for the ability to create and export .avi files, to be placed on a web-server for customers to see their projects. For a 20 foot path using "The New Animation Feature" it took over 40 minutes to complete the file, and worst of all while compiling, you can't do anything else with the program. I have to agree the "IDEA" was awesome but this is NOT efficient enough to do the job. In this edition I miss the ability to right-click an object to adjust its elevation, now I have to go to edit, then adjust elevation, I think I'll stay with AS18. John
Inglis, Neil  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Inglis, Neil

I don't know about the .avi facilities but I agree that the right-click facilities seem to have been devastated!! I wonder why they were not kept the same as AS18? (& could also include short-cuts for Move & Rotate!) Certainly the Wall Properties tab should include the Elevation setting as in AS18 Wall Segment Properties. Hopefully there will shortly be an update to fix the missing bits! Neil.
Patricia G.  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi,

I agree. Not only about the walls, but about the elevation of the floors, roofs, decks, etc.

Regards,

Patricia
Walters, Ashley  
#15 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Walters, Ashley

Dave, I am considering buying the AS3000 software. I am wondering how difficult it is to use this software and generate the stuff on the box. I was excited to see your post. I am an electrical engineer, I have a good bit of CAD experience (AutoCAD and Microstation). I have my preliminary plans that were done by an architect. So as you can see, I am where you were in Feb. How are things coming now? Would you recommend the software? How many hours have you spent to get what you want? My dilemma, like everyone else's, is that I can't show my wife any of my visions. Some of my ideas I can't visualize myself. So this software, seems to be what I need. I have a full time job though and I don't have hundreds of hours to spend. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail me at [email protected] Thanks, Ash
Bovell, Don  
#16 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bovell, Don

I saw this test file you did and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction: I would like to save my animations and then upload them to our website for our clients to see. However, I don't want them to have wait 'forever' while a file downloads to their system. I was very impressed with the way that your AVI file played quickly (using the windows player) and this is what I would like to have, also. Could you suggest how to get this going? What did you do to have your file play with the windows player so quickly? Many thanks! Don
Patricia G.  
#17 Posted : Monday, January 1, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Don,

As you know, the online load time (for a movie or other file) depends of the connection and the size of the file

Assuming that most of your Customers use a HS connection, your only option is the video edition to reduce the size of the file.

There are many programs to edit and compress the video file,after Punch. I used a program called IGM to add music and edit the file

Hope this helps

Patricia