logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lutz, Joe  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lutz, Joe

Yes, I know there are two viewers. The "little man" will not walk through anything. Whenever I try to go inside using the "little man", all that happens is he walks around the outside perimeter of the house. Does the house have to have a roof on it and ceilings before it works? Right now what I've got is exterior walls, interior walls, and cabinets and fixtures. As of right now all I can do is fly around the house or walk around it, but not go inside. Joe
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 23, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Joe,

If it only flies around, it isn't the yellow man. You don't need roof or ceilings to use the liveview features.
I'd suggest to try both tools (helicopter and yellow man) in an empty file, to feel the difference

Double click the yellow man to set the elevation. For a controlled view, you can use the green man

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Lutz, Joe  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Lutz, Joe

Neither the yellow man or green man will go inside no matter what I do. The helicopter flies around the outside ok, but the "men" won't do anything but walk back and forth along the outside walls.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Joe,

Just a comment, if it helps. Notice that computers are not my field, so, it is just my experience.
Two years ago I decided to buy a new computer. I found a good price with MDG and I bought it. As soon as I installed Punch I noticed that something was wrong, because the yellow man refused to enter inside the house I was designing, as it is happening with Joe. Also, the yellow man didn't walk, it jumped.
Making the story short, I returned the computer to the store, they discovered that the video card was defective (it was Nvidia) and there was a problem between the motherboard and the video card. Of course, I didn't buy that computer
I don't know if this is a common problem, but perhaps is a point to check

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store