logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Doug Walker,

Here is a work around:
- Go to the Floor tab and select the Floor tool.
- Draw a floor following all the contour of the desired area.
- Right click--> Floor square footage--> you will obtain the sq. ft of the desired area.
- After this, you can delete this "helping floor" if you wish.

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Falcon42  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 31, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Falcon42

A workaround is not a viable solution. I am using AS3000 to design my new house. I drew the floorplan originally in PunchPro which calculated the square footage as 2656. When I brought the drawing into AS3000 it jumped to 3430. This makes using the estimator to do a foundation cost calculation useless. And as I add or move interior walls, the calculation changes. I hope they intend to fix this as it creates a credibility issue for the program.
flittell  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
flittell

Glad I found this place. I imported an old design into the 3000. I knew in old program the sq ft was 1658. Did a few changes to windows and such then did a sq ft check and I got 2139sq ft on that floor. Did the work around tracing the first floor as a 2nd floor. New calculation was much closer at 1670 sq ft. This problem needs attention.
srchief55  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
srchief55

I have the same problem with escalating sq.ft. The only way I can get an accurate figure, is to save the file, then do a "save as" to a new file with a different name. Then I delete all interior walls and the garage foundation and do another sq.ft. calculation. I might mention that I did not have this problem with Pro Design Platinum. Hopefully this will help until they get the software fixed. Great Forum!!! Ralph Harris
Rusting, Andrew  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Rusting, Andrew

I am writing a review comparing various products and quickly encountered this area calculation problem with AS3000. I was especially concerned by technical support's rather indifferent response to the issue. I agree that this is a credibility problem and feel that it should be addressed very quickly.
Burnham, Arlene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Burnham, Arlene

I would be interested in your review. Are you reviewing Chief Architect Products. I have Punch, old 3D Architect version 4, and new 3D Home Architect Deluxe 6. So far old 3D version 4 created by Chief Architect is the most user friendly. Especially 1 click room dimensioning. Do you know if any of the other products have this feature? Thanks, Arlene