logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Steven

yes you can draw a roof or, as you describe you can draw a ceiling

To draw a roof--> use the elements of the Roofing tab, or if you have a program V8 or up, you can use the Roof wizard Power Tool

To draw a ceiling: In Punch, the ceilings are just floor planes with different elevations. Therefore, the floor tools are also "ceiling tools".
In the Floor tab, the 13th and 14th icons (floor tool and floor cutout) will help you to design your ceiling
If you used the ceiling / floor tool (for V10), just select the ceiling and change the thickness in the properties bar (right of the screen)

Also remember that
--> The ceiling elevation is the bottom face of the ceiling. This means that if the floor of the second floor is @ 108", and your 1st floor has a ceiling of 12", the ceiling elevation will be 96" and the settings of the cutout will be the same: elevation at 96"and thickness= 12"
--> If you used Autofloor in the 1st floor, the ceiling elevation will be the walls' height + the Autofloor thickness

To set the elevation of the ceiling (added manually or other object)
Select the ceiling / object --> Edit--> Set object elevation--> write the desired elevation

or

2 - Select the ceiling / object --> right click on the elevation slider--> write the desired elevation

or

3 - Select the ceiling / object--> right click on the piece--> Set elevation--> write the desired elevation
Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store