logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Becky,

I had the same problem with the double doors (not customized) and this is what I discovered

-Say you put the left door. After you put this door, notice that it remains selected, so when you click on the preview bar to select the right door, the left door changes to a right door because is selected. So the rule I follow is: install the left door and click outside to unselect it
- This characteristic is helpful to correct the doors. So if you notice that the left door become a right door, you don't need to delete it and put a left one. Just select the "wrong right door" and click on the left door on the preview bar, it will change automatically to a left door
Actually, you can use this procedure with any door or window (custom or not)

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
SEYKO, JAMES R.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
SEYKO, JAMES R.

AS4000 User Placing Double Doors: I can't find how to eliminate the "center post" when I place the left and right doors. I set the left door then with some overlap I place the right door and I still get a "center post."
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi James Seyko,

The first question is: are you placing a double doors or just two doors? Custom double doors have not central post, so if you have one, check if you are using double doors

How to find the double doors: On the Door Properties Bar--> Door Style--> Custom Door style (last icon). You will see the Custom Door Preview Bar
Click the arrow next to "Doors" (top of the Preview Bar), then click Double Doors.
Place both doors and move them so you can't see the wall between them

Check the image attached and let us know if you need additional help

Patricia
Coloras, MAT @ Hacienda Las  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Coloras, MAT @ Hacienda Las

Patricia and Lyle: Thank you both for your suggestions. The double door issue was trying my nerves, even after following the instructions in the tutorial closely. I'll give it a try again, this time paying attention to where and when I click around and the result this actions/selections produce. Patricia, one more thing: in your drawing, the set of double doors to the left (of the screen)shows the central post as a thin brick stick. The set to the right, is what I want to get: no central post whatsoever. Finally Lyle, now that mentioned it, is there a way to tweak the programming - perhaps in the registry - of AS4000 in order to customize its libraries much like one can, for instance, when adding new fonts to Windows/Linux? I'm no programmer per se, yet I willing to go deeper to mine AS4000 hidden treasures! Once again P & L, thank you.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi MAT,

Exactly. This is why I wrote "move them so you can't see the wall between them". What you see between the doors (left) is not the central post, it is the wall between them, because they are not together. You need to move them as close as possible, so they will look as the doors of the right.

Hope this helps

Patricia