logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi MiTu,

You can print elevations of your work using the Elevation editor (Power Tools). Notice that these elevation are not scaled

I'd suggest to check with your county the drawing requeriments for permits. Few weeks ago I prepared a Punch file for submission--> the elevations were developed with the EE and printed using the Layout Manager (Power Tools). The elevations were not in scale but they have all the dims, and they worked just fine

Other resource: in the elevation editor set the zoom to 50% and then set your printer to print in scale 200%. If you have a good printing resolution, this will work

You can use the same resource and print to a PDF file (PDFs can be printed to scale). The instructions to print to a PDF file you will find in my website
http://www.punchhelpers.com/pdfprint.html

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
wsettle  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
wsettle

I'm new to the forum but have learned a lot already from the conversation here. Thanks for sharing. Is it possible to include an elevation (created by the EE) in the layout manager? Thanks, Bill
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Bill,

Sure.
Develop your elevation in the Elevation Editor--> Export your elevation to BMP, JPG, etc--> close the elevation editor--> Open the Layout manager--> Insert an Image Layout box--> Insert the BMP, JPG, file you exported--> resize as necessary

Patricia
wsettle  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
wsettle

Thanks Patricia. I really appreciate your response. I guess I should have been more specific as I was hoping there was a dynamic way to use the EE editor info in the layout manager and just didn't find it. Exporting/Importing a static image is very cumbersome and I was hoping they worked together but apparently not which is too bad. However, the feature/function of Punch AS4000 is so cool that this minor inconvenience is no biggie.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi wsettle,

You're welcome!

There is a workaround to create a dynamic 2D image in the Layout Manager
In the main program--> live view--> set the Yellow man in front of the desired elevation (or use the arrows at the bottom of the Liveview screen)--> set the image to Clear view--> Go to Power Tools--> Layout Manager--> Insert a Home Design Layout box--> right click--> liveview--. You can set the image to reflect your elevation

In addition, you can create a PDF from elevations in the EE. Just follow this short tutorial
http://www.punchhelpers.com/pdfprint.html

Patricia
wsettle  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
wsettle

Thanks for the response. Apparently some of the powertools work together. For instance, I can use the topo designer and the layout manager knows about it. I guess it all depends on where the metadata is stored for the powertool and if another powertool can access and use it. I've been to your site and am interested in a couple of your powertools/add-ons. It appears that you designed some of your apps to work together, dynamically, which is the right way to go in my opinion. I suspect the problem with some of Punch's powertools is that some were acquisitions from other developers/companies and were never designed to share data or work with Punch. Just a guess. It's still a very cool program but I think they priced AS5000 off the scale at $500. Thanks again.
merle  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
merle

You were good enough to reply to my recent question? I wanted to know how to save section drawing and then be able to get the drawing of the same sections into layout manager. The response was to “create the section drawing, save as jpg, bmp, etc. and got to layoutmanager-----“. When I have stumbled around trying to get there, the “Section Detailer” saves as a .PDD file extersion, and the Symbol Editor saves as .PSY file(The elevation Editor saves to jpeg etc but I don't understand how to do details in EE) . Apparently I need some additional instruction. I would like to go to the Power tool Section Detailer and do several sections, then have these saved onto Layout manager and I will save(print) as PDF file to print. I appreciate your guidance on this. ( I’m using A 4000 v 10) Thanks Merle
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 9, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Merle,

There are several ways
- Draw your Section Detail--> Export your detail to DXF / DWG--> Open a Punch file--> Power tools--> DXF / DWG Importer--> Import your file--> insert it in the Layout manager
- Draw your Section Detail--> Export your detail to DXF / DWG--> Open this file with a graphic program accepting this format--> create a jpg, bmp, etc file with your detail--> insert it in the Layout manager
- Draw your Section Detail--> Press Print screen in your keyboard--> open any graphic program--> Paste--> create a jpg, bmp, etc file with your detail--> insert it in the Layout manager

Patricia
merle  
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
merle

I ready appreciate your help. I'm still having problems getting a section drawing into the layout manager. After your last set of options when I export from Section Detailer using "export dwg/dxf" , and then import back to Punch the only thing on the file are some lettering, i.e., 8:12 pitch or so...no drawing. I've tried several programs that should allow me to view the dwg .dxf files and all I get the same results. Its as if the "Export DWG/Dxf is not exporting any thing but some words on the drawing. Sorry to trouble you but I sure need to get this drawing finished. Thank you very much.
Patricia G.  
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi merle,

You don't need to go to other programs with the DXF or DWG file. Just import the DXF or DWG file in the Punch main program and use it in the layout manager.
The best option: save your detail as a Punch symbol and insert it in your drawing

Patricia