logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Bob Openshaw,

The trace image "lives" in your computer and it is not part of the Punch file. For example, if you open the file in other computer and you try to visualize the trace image, you will receive a message stating that the image is not available
In other words, Punch only shows the image, the memory is not used in this process
Anyway, if you wish to delete the trace image, try this
1 - In your Punch program--> make the trace image "not visible"--> close your Punch program
2 - Go to your Windows Explorer--> Go to the location where your image is stored--> move the image to (any) other location
3 - Open Punch--> Open your file--> Make the trace image visible--> Your will receive a message stating that the image is not available and if you wish to set other trace image--> answer "No"--> the original trace image will be deleted

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Openshaw, Bob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Openshaw, Bob

I understand, Thanks. That would appear to up bring up the fact that the trace images need to stay in the computer file location that they were originally loaded from for Punch to be able to find them, correct? Sounds like it would be wise of me to make a copy of the original trace file and put it in a specific Punch folder where it'll be less likely to get moved or altered as I use these files for other CAD work.