logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 17, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dashman,

Yes, I can think several options

1 - In Liveview--> Click on the pencil icon--> Show / Hide 3D elements--> Click on the 6th icon --> the topo elements will be hidden --> If you click on this icon again--> the topo elements will appear again
2 - When you developed the topo, you saved it in a file. The topo files are .PTO files. Close your Punch program--> open your Windows Explorer--> look for the PTO file of your project--> Move it to other folder--> Open your Punch program--> Open your file--> Punch will inform that can't find the file *.PTO --> do you wish to replace it?--> No--> you'll have the PRO file without topography
3 - If you didn't work a lot in the file, you can check the *.dat files (backup files)
4 - Open the topo designer tool--> Edit --> Select All--> delete--> repeat for all the levels

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Dashman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Dashman

I was able to get that to work. I am curious though, I do not have any *.dat files. Should I? I assume they would be in the same Punch folder. Also, is there a way to remove the house pad only? I created it wrong and now shows up as a dark shadow under the house and porch.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dashman,

The *.dat files are in the Data folder and they are the backup files. During your work, Punch saves backup files. In case of an improper shut down, as you open the program, it looks for the info in the Data folder
So, in order to get your file back--> Go to your Windows Explorer--> Program Files--> Punch! Home Design - AS 4000--> Data--> you'll find some files called ProDataX.dat (X will be a number ProData1.dat, ProData2.dat, etc)--> copy these files to other folder--> rename each file as *.PRO--> ProData1.PRO, ProData2.PRO, etc

Open your Punch program and open one by one the files ProDataX.PRO you created (File--> Open..etc

Yes, you can delete the house pad only--> Power Tools--> Topo Designer--> Select the pad--> Delete--> Exit the tool--> Update...? --> yes

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store