logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Scott,

you will find 20 floor plans with your Punch Program

Open your program, then click -->Open-->Program Files (if this is the directory where Punch is installed)-->Punch AS 4000 -->Plans-->you will find 20 files (P001 to P020) each one is a floor plan

Hope this helps,

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Swenson, Howie  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Swenson, Howie

Can I create house construction plans, to submit for building permits, with the #4000 software? I am a good draftsman on paper and have designed and built many residential, commercial and agri. type buildings. I am a retired contractor and want to build a few homes each year. I'm looking for software that will allow me to create a set of working construction drawings, that I can submit for a building permit.I like the features of the #4000, it would make an impressive presentation to a prospective customer. I have an engineer friend that is recommending software by: Microspot, called PC Draft 5.0. Does anybody know how it stacks up with the #4000?
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 12, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Howie Swenson,

Well, your question has several answers.

- Some counties ask for special plans for permits. I can say that I used Punch for permits' plans for some counties. If you give us details about your county requirements, we can give you more information
- I didn't try PC Draft 5.0but assuming you are in US, notice that PC Draft 5.0 is manufactured in the UK and if you click in their "Service" web page, you receive a message "Service is available only in the UK.” In addition, I can't see a real (and technical) list of the software's capabilities.
- Also, you must consider the differences between a CAD program (as PC Draft 5.0)and a Home Design program as Punch. A CAD program is the electronic version of the blueprints you use to draw on the paper. When you draw a rectangle in CAD, you can say that it is a wall, a table, or a roof. In Punch, a wall is a wall. The difference is the software capability to understand what you are drawing.
- As you stated, Punch 3D images are impressive, and your customers will love them

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia
Swenson, Howie  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Swenson, Howie

Hi Patricia, I will need the basic requirements for my construction plans, which is to show the details of my design to my local building permit department. As you know, they'll want do be sure that my design is to code. Lets look at my roof design. I'll be using a shed roof design with parapet exterior walls. I'll need to show connections,pitch,slope and how it interfaces with all ajoining construction members. Will the #4000 do that? Have you ever drawn a set of home building plans and submitted them for a building permit? If you have, you know how annal a building permit department can be about showing them how your going to build your home. I appreciate all your help and being able to read about all the other questions that are brought up.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 13, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Howie,

Yes, I know about the BDs, however, "basic requirements" has different meanings for different BDs :-)

With AS 4000 you'll be able to show a roof plan with elevations and pitches. There is a Section Detailer, where you can draw the details of your walls and other constructive details in the same way that you do on the paper.
In addition, you have the Roof Wizard (great tool to design roofs), Framing Editor, and much more.
Check this page for additional info
http://www.punchsoftware.com/products/as4000.htm

If you have more questions, just let us know

Patricia