logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Loo, Arjen van der  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Loo, Arjen van der

AS 4000 keeps on crashing when working on the drawing that I imported via the dwg importing tool. The drawing is in the floorplan and the importing tool has been closed, as I expected that that was the reason for crashing. Unfortunately it keeps on crashing. There are no other applications open and there is 512 MB RAM. Any suggestions would be welcome, it is rather frustrating to have to start every 3 minutes.
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Arjen van der Loo,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I cleaned your DWG files some time ago and you confirmed that the files were working without problems.
Just to be sure, I checked them few minutes ago, and they are working without problems.
Can you describe in detail how the crash happens, is there a message?

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Parker, Anthony  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Parker, Anthony

I'm having the same problem as Arjan except that it happens less frequently now. So far I have lost only two insignificant drawings.I have to be diligent and save my file often to prevent any significant data lost. Can anyone tell me what it is that I'm doing wrong? I've only been at this for a few weeks and this is all new to me. We are very fortunate to have you guys to help us out. Thanks Anthony
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Anthony,

The first thing is, Punch has a recovery feature, so, it it crashes, when you open the sw again, your are supposed to see a message trying to recover your plan.
Second, can you tell us how the crash happens? Is there a message?
Third, can you tell us about your computer, OS, video card, etc?
Are your drivers up to date? Did you set the accelerations?

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Parker, Anthony  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Parker, Anthony

Thanks Patricia, I believe my AS4000 crash problem may have been caused by me. It seems I was running Punch! with a number of other programs running. I have performed a little maintenance on my system (Dell Dimension 8200, Windows XP Home edition), shut down a few programs and everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks Tony
justingordon  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
justingordon

I've got a Dell Inspiron 8200, with an NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go card, which supports using a second monitor in conjunction with the the LCD. If the second monitor is displayed, AS 4000 won't start. If I disable the second monitor, no issues. All HW acceleration is turned on. Driver version is 5.6.7.3, date 4/7/2004. I hate to change either the driver or the acceleration settings as all other apps work fine. TIA for any advice.
Yervand  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Yervand

Hi. I was doing some modification in 3D workshop. After when I was trying to save the change a massage appears (... some type of Error) and I have lost 2!!! months of my design. When I open the file, I can see just a cross on the middle of that file. I have the latest version of SONY desktop computer. Is there any way of retrieval of this file? Thanks in advance.
Craft, Dave  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Craft, Dave

Is there anyone else out there who is having problems saving the work??? Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.. This is top of the line sony desktop with 120 g hard...
Coppola, Jennifer  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Coppola, Jennifer

When I had the AS-18, everything ran fine. Now that I have upgraded to 4000, Though everything runs nicely, when I go to print a 3-D live view, it "Thinks" forever, and when I check my task manager, it says Punch! isn't responding. I NEED this feature for my business. Can you help?! Please?! Thank you. Jennifer