logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Bill Kraengel,

You can create arches in Punch using empty curved door casements.
- Draw a wall--> set the length, height and thickness according with your project--> Floor tab--> Door tool--> select a curved casement (empty, without door)--> paint or texture according with the wall color / material--> set the dims and set the thickness at the minimum (0") --> (don't forget to press Enter in your keyboard after each change in the properties bar)--> set one or more arches in your wall

You can add or not columns between arches
Check the images in my website's galleries

http://www.punchhelpers.com

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Kraengel, Bill  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Kraengel, Bill

Hi Patricia,

There is A way that works, but it's such an oddball that it must be a program bug that prevents you painting standard casements. I CAN paint walls, doors, windows and CUSTOM casements, but STANDARD casements are another story. The way I figured out is to zoom the wall so you can work with it, then move the LiveView cursor INSIDE the wall pointing to the back of the casement, then paint it. It does NOT work if you move the cursor into the doorway and point to the casement, only from inside the wall. That sounds like a bug to me. No one should have to go through this just to paint a casement.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Bill Kraengel,

It is not a bug. Let me explain--> the interior part of an empty casement seems hollow, but, as matter of fact,the casement is outlining a transparent wall area. In other words, you don't see the wall, but the wall is there. This is the reason why you can't apply a color or texture through or inside a door or window
Now, in my experience, these are some tricks to apply a color or texture on a door / window
- I use to set the trim at (for example) 10 inches --> apply the color / texture --> set the trim at the desired dimension. In this way it will be easy to apply the color / texture on the target
- Apply the color / texture on the surfaces parallel with the wall where the door / window is installed.
- Each door (Standard and Custom) in Punch has three parts: the outside trim, inside trim, and the door panel. The casements have only two (because they have not the door panel).
Each part can be textured or colored separately. Therefore, in the case of the empty casement you must paint it in two steps--> on the exterior trim and on the interior

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store