logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi phxphun

Do you mean the following paragraph?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To set the nudge distance
On the File menu, choose Preferences. The Preferences dialog appears.
Choose the General Category.
Enter a value in the Arrow Key Nudge Distance text field.
Click OK.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The paragraph above is part of the Custom Workshop Pro Power Tool, and not with the main program

In order to move any object --> set the precision at 1/16"--> select the object--> Edit--> Move--> write the desired distance

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Bunny1  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bunny1

I am currently using Punch Home Design Platinum, V. 12.0.0. Searching for Nudge in the 3D Workshop HELP tells me that "nudge distance" is available on the Edit menu in 3D Workshop, but it isn't.

The answer is in the HELP index of the main program ("Nudge in 3D Custom Workshop") which shows that the nudge distance is set by clicking the Design menu, and then Grid Spacing.

FWIW, I have been using versions of Punch (Master Landscape and Home Design Platinum) for about 6 years. To see just one example of what I"ve been able to create, see http://www.azwest.net/c&j/ and scroll to the bottom of the page for the exterior and interior views. There are 47 2-unit and 4-unit buildings in the entire plan, with one apartment completely furnished.

Now, I"m working on a 7-acre plan (lot size 1000x1000) which contains all topography (takes about 45 min. to save the topography!), 5 houses (including geodesic domes), about 50 horse stalls, tack room, arena round pen, and more. Thank you, Lyle and Patricia and others for all the help I"ve received by "lurking" here and reading your answers to people. Keep up the good work!
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Bunny1,

Glad to know I helped! :-)

I saw your drawings... nice work!

The nudge function should be in the Edit Menu. You set the Grid Space in the Design menu

BTW: don't forget to download and install the Maintenance Update 12.0.3
http://www.punchsoftware...patches/patch_HDS_12.htm

Patricia
Bunny1  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bunny1

Thanks for the reply, Patricia.

I did download and install the patch you mentioned (thank you!). But still, "nudge distance" is definitely not on the Edit menu in 3D Workshop. It's on the Design>Grid Spacing.

I made a web page to show this (note: this page may need to be removed after 30 days or so):

http://www.azwest.net/punch/punch.html

BTW, I noticed that the first time I tried to post here, I saw fields for Attachments. Now, I don't see that anymore, and am wondering how to use attachments here if I need to.
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi there,

Glad to know I helped and that your menu is as I described
The nudge FUNCTION is in the Edit Menu. but you SET the Grid Space in the Design menu
To make the things more basic--> In the Design menu, you will set the grid space--> say you set it as 3 inches--> then you go to the Edit menu and click Nudge--> up--> You are clicking the FUNCTION--> this will move (nudge) the selected element the distance you set--> 3 inches in this case

Regarding the attachements --> Attachments are not allowed in this Forum --> it is allowed just to few "old" Punchers helping other users

Patricia
Bunny1  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bunny1

In my first post I was really talking about the answer given to "phxphun" who was trying to find out how to set the nudge distance. He/she said that there was no choice for "preferences" on the File menu, and he's right. But the answer given was that the instructions for setting nudge distance (see your reply where it says "On the File menu, choose Preferences. The Preferences dialog appears.") were referring to the File menu in Custom Workshop, but there is no Preferences choice there.

Of course, I did finally figure out how to set the nudge distance by using Design/Grid Spacing, so I'm all set. I just hope "phxphun" figured it out! :)
Patricia G.  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Bunny1,

Hmmmm, lets clarify this :-)

I wrote
"The paragraph above is part of the Custom Workshop Pro Power Tool"

The Custom Workshop Pro Power Tool is a separated tool, different from the 3D Custom Workshop Power Tool, and is part (in this case) of the AS 5000 version
Your version (Platinum) doesn't have this tool

Hope this helps

Patricia