logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 25, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi The Kind Gardeners

Yes, I have several Customers (landscape and garden design) using Punch for their projects, their Websites, sales, etc. They use the floorplans , 3D images, VRML models as well as movies

Check my exterior's works galleries

http://www.punchhelpers.com/exteriors_gallery.html

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
gardendesign  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
gardendesign

MLP is the only thing I use! It is superb for giving clients a realistic view of what their garden will look like on completion. The only drawback is that I cannot do large scale projects using it. I am limited to 500m I think...
Mawson, Cathy  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 27, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Mawson, Cathy

Hi The Kind Gardners It won't hurt to buy the software! I am a professional Garden Designer working in the UK and I do use Master Landscape Pro. However I don't use it for the final presentation to my clients. I hand draw the plans, elevations and construction drawings the old fashioned way using ink on technical quality tracing paper. If the client can't visualise from 2D (and let's face it not many people can!) I transfer the details to Master Landscape pro so that they can view in colour 3D. This is a lot quicker than producing hand drawn perspective and axonometric drawings. The reaon I don't present the plans from Master Landscape Pro is that they simply don't pass muster with the market here in the UK. Over here the 2D presentation plans need to be rendered and shaded and generally artistically pretty before the client will hand over any money for them! One thing I have found very useful is to export the 3D images as a JPEG file, open it in Microsoft Picture it or equivalent photo editing software and then you can use watercolour, dry brush or coloured pencil to give it a softer hand painted look. My clients love these images. If you're interested you can see some examples of this on my website under the heading '3D Artist's Impressions' at www.elusive-eden.co.uk Hope this helps a bit! Cathy Mawson