logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Metzger, Donald T.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 4, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Metzger, Donald T.

Your working elevation can be set, adjusted or modified at the start of your drawing by using the right button on your mouse and clicking on the Set Working Elevation (top choice in the menu). It will be initially set at 0" but you can establish anything you wish and this also can be a positive or negative number. Sometimes you may wish to have your basement level values be a negative number so your ground floor on up are positive numbers from the main level. As to your walk-around elevation, clicking on the right button again will cause the elevation to increase - then clicking on the right button once more will cause it to decrease. It moves pretty fast at the beginning of your drawing so slide the "slow-fast" button to the left and you will get the hang of it after awhile.
Shoyuuuu  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Shoyuuuu

Hey, thanks for the quick tip for the walk-around elevation. Clicking on the right mouse button while in walk around view makes it so easy to change elevations while trying to look under and over objects. As for setting different Working Elevations for each floor, the program seems to always reset the elevations back to the original default floor elevations after I change from Split Plan/3D View back to Plan Full View. It never keeps the working elevation I set. It's aggravating when trying to place objects at a specific elevation and then it changes back to the default settings again. Photo View images are even more aggravating to work with since you have to set the correct working elevation before you insert Photo View images. If the elevation is wrong after the image is inserted, the program doesn't give you an option to change the elevation. You have to start over and insert the image again. The program should treat Photo View images like how objects are handled. We should add this to the Wish List. Let me know if your program works differently from mine - Pro Platinum 4.5.1.
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi,

After you insert you photo view image, and at any time, you can change the elevation by selecting it-->Edit-->Set object elevation.
You can do this process even with a 3D window open to control the desired elevation.

Hope this helps!

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Shoyuuuu  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Shoyuuuu

Hi Patricia, What Punch! program and version are you using? I'm using Pro Platinum 4.5.1 and it doesn't have an Edit option for PhotoView Images when you right click on it. You can cut, copy, paste or clear. You can move which only allows movement in x and y axis directions, not elevations. And PhotoView Properties lets you change height, width or flip the image. There is no Edit option for PhotoView Images in Pro Platinum 4.5.1. =((
Shoyuuuu  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Shoyuuuu

Hi Patricia, Sorry, I found how to change the PhotoView Image elevation by clicking on the tool bar Edit >Set Object Elevation instead of right clicking on the PhotoView Image. They should make handling PhotoView Images similar to handling objects. You right click on an object and everything is there. Thanks for your help.
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi,

Yes, I was talking about the Edit option of the tool bar. I use to select the image and open the 3D quarter view. In this way you change the elevation in the tool bar and see the results in 3D.

Regards,

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
dreamer  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
dreamer

PLEASE HELP...I have 10 foot ceiling height (1st and 2nd floor). the wall below (10 feet) protrudes probably 4 ft through the 2nd floor, yet all walls interior and exterior verified 10 ft. Why is the interior wall protruding 2-4 ft? It's like my footer height is affecting it somehow?
Hubbard, Victor  
#8 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Hubbard, Victor

I am designing a 1 story shop. Have tried using the instruction for setting up my 10 ft ceiling but, the program keeps giving me walls to the not meant to exist second floor.