logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi,

Here is a work around:
- Go to the Floor tab and select the Floor tool.
- Draw a floor following all the contour of the desired area.
- Right click--> Floor square footage--> you will obtain the sq. ft of the desired area.
- After, you can delete this "helping floor" if you want.

Let us know if you need more help

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
jhnob1  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 16, 2003 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
jhnob1

In pro Platinum, there appears to be a glitch in the software when it comes to calculating the square footage of the space constructed, this is also true in the landscape tool function as well, having contacted "Customer Care" they have been unable to answer successfully the quandary. i. e. Open a new file, draw exterior walls measuring 20' ax 20'(if measured outside to outside, then answer is 400 sq. ft.) so far so good, but wait, hit the dimension key, select calculate square footage of first floor plan, and you get an answer of 396 sq. ft. I asked regarding this issue and the response was " we calculate sq. ft. by inside wall to inside wall and all encompassing area within" ok, Now you selected a 4" wall when you constructed it,the auto-dimensioning measures from middle to middle, thats ok,middle of a 4' wall is 2" (no brainer there) use a calculator and multiply 19'-8" x 19'-8" and you will get the answer of 386.77 sq. ft. whoops, but the software states its 396 sq ft. I've lost ten sq. ft. here alone. Same problem exists in drawing a simple rectangular driveway 10' x 20' = 200 sq. ft correct, of course, but not in the software program, it calculates 192 sq. ft. Gee !! think there is a problem here?, If the program can't complete simple calculations correctly then what else is wrong here, more problems, less accuracy than purported? Whatever is wrong, it's just wrong and needs to be corrected via a downloadable patch. Please "SOFTWARE ENGINEERS" "DEVELOPERS" whomever, address these apparent glitches and issue the corrections forthwith. I apologise to those who feel this thread is redundant but, PUNCH is NOT answering my e-mails, and this/these problems need to be corrected. respectfully submitted, JT Construction Kenosha, WI.
RichO164  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
RichO164

I have created an object in the 3D workshop and saved it to a library. However, the size of the object is much smaller that others in the library. How does one set the size of the object in the Library Preview Window. Thanks RichO164
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2004 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi RichO164,

Please, check RB's explanation about this subject at

http://forums.punchsoftware.com/WebX?14@@.fa98fc0/0

Let us know if you need further instructions

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
rothchild, carl  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2005 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
rothchild, carl

I want to start a landscape bus.. Is Punch Pro Platinum the program. carl