logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 14, 2006 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Dave,

I don't agree with the TD opinion at all. During my first times using Punch (back in 2001), I worked professionally with a computer with integrated VC card
Of course, I agree that older Punch versions have less requeriments than Plat V10, however, the system is supposed to work with newest versions: I have a V10 version running in my HP with integrated vc

If I am not wrong you were a Plat 4.5.1 user, right? and Punch worked OK, so in my opinion, probably you just need to update your drivers
Try these steps (I'd suggest to uninstall Punch--> defrag and install Punch again after the maintenance)

- Go to the website of your card manufacturer and update the drivers
- Download and install the last version of DirectX--> (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/ ) This is the resource that Punch uses for rendering
- Some users reported interferences related with spyware software (those small programs installed to spy your computers). I strongly recommend the use of "Adware". Is a free application (for personal use). I use it. You can download and install it at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
[email protected]  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
gpjandra@yahoo.com

I also get this message an non of the latter holds true for me. I have full admin rights, running XP with 2 GB RAM and have the latest video drivers (and the laptop is less than a year old). This software is very quirky and odd. I've never had a program you need to install in SAFE MODE!! Any other ideas?
MarilynnAnne  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
MarilynnAnne

I am having the same trouble. I am running an Intel Dual CPU at 3.17GHz, 4GB of RAM, and have 532GB of free disk space. My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate SP2. Video is ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series. My computer runs high video use games just fine. I think the problem is in the upgrade from 4000. The other problem I have is "failed to open DIB files........ptx." That message comes up when in 3D mode about 20 times before it finally quits. I have to close each little error window. I think these two issues are related and have to do with the upgrade from 4000. But, am not clever enough to figure it out.
MarilynnAnne  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
MarilynnAnne

My computer is dual core, with 4GB RAM, 532GB free disk space, Raethon video card, Windows Ultimate, everything you could want for gaming.....and rendering. But, I have the same problem. My computer is nearly new and was built with Punch in mind. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate. I believe that this is related to the upgrade from 4000, as is the problem with "failed to open DIB files......ptx. What should I do?
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2010 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi MarilynnAnne,

In my experience of nine years using Punch, the computers built for games purposes are the worst for rendering purposes, therefore, they don't work great with Punch

Anyway, can you provide some additional info?--> are you trying to open the file double clicking it from the Explorer? are you trying to run the Punch program from a CD?

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store