logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 23, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi iamnemo,

If you are using a V8 version or up, try these resources

First of all, verify if you used a right piece + a left piece to develop the double doors

Second, join both pieces until the wall disappears

See attached

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
iamnemo  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
iamnemo

Hello Patricia and thank you for your help. I was already doing all that BUT I was not re-clicking on the door icon in the upper toolbar a second time to create the second door. I was assuming that, like most other programs I have used, once in "door mode" I could simply drag & drop more doors from the Custom doors panel at right. So, with my first (left) door positioned and *still selected*, selecting a right-side door on the panel was actually redefining my left door to a right one.so when I could finally drag in a right door I was stuck with two right doors! I found that out by updating the 3D view during the creation process instead on just after creating the two doors (a slooooow process on a fast machine even with most objects invisible). Anyway it works now :-) Thank you for your input. Iam
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 25, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi iamnemo,

yes, this is the way it works

Glad to know it worked :-)

Patricia
McMinn, Brian  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
McMinn, Brian

I spent a lot of time trying to find the left and right doors. If you're also a newbie, here's the step by step directions to them. (Which I found in the book that came with the program, but only after finding them myself. On floor plan, click on the door On the properties bar, click on Door Style Select custom (has a pencil on it) Just above the door images, click "Doors" dropdown Select "Double Doors" The needed left and right doors should now be visible and you can start doing what Patricia suggested. (Prof Home Design Suite Platinum ver 12)
keithb  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
keithb

I'm using AS5000 and I'd like to use double French doors without a center post appearing. I think I've looked through all the double doors in the custom library, but I haven't found L-R versions of a full divided light door. There is a variety of interesting divided light doors, but no L-R versions of plain vanilla 2 light x 6 light, or 2 light x 7-light doors. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Keith
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Keith

Using Punch AS 5000 (or AS 4000), you can design your own doors (and windows)
For the Doors--> Go to Power Tools--> Door Designer--> You can add grids to an existent set of L/R French Doors or create a new set of L/R Doors

Patricia
keithb  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
keithb

Thanks, Patricia. I tried using Door Designer again, but am unable to eliminate the LH or RH casing from the door and still get a full door - and the center "post" (caused by the casing) still appears. The Door Designer stores the door design and represents it with an icon that shows only half a door. There is a diagonal from an upper corner of the icon to the opposite lower corner. One side of the diagonal shows the door that I designed, while the other side of the diagonal is blank. When I use either of these half icons (LH or RH) to place a door in a wall, I get exactly the result the icon would lead one to expect - half a door, with the remaining half showing the wall, The original casing continues to appear on three sides, i.e., along the two stiles and the upper rail. The "post" effect due to the casing in the middle of the door pair is still there. What am I doing wrong? Keith.
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 13, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Keith,

Set both the right and left sides in the wall--> move them in order to put them close enough, so the wall in the middle will disappear
If you still experience problems, set an image in photobucket or similar and post a link here

Patricia
keithb  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
keithb

Hi Patricia - Well, I discovered the solution to using the Door Designer to make a LH or RH door, either through editing an existing single door, or by designing one from scratch. In retrospect, it just requires a little thinking outside the box! Design the door in the workspace (or drag an existing door to the workspace), click the "Open" radio button on the sidebar, select the casing on the existing single door (or on the newly designed door)==> Edit ==> Rotate ==> 90 degrees. The result is that the open casing segment is now on the RH side of the door, Reshape the casing to fit the door and save the LH door to the library. Then flip the door horizontally and save it as the RH door. Worked for me! Keith
Patricia G.  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Keith,

I understood that your problem was related with the doors installation in the plan. But yes, if you open any double door in the Door Designer Power Tool, you will notice that the casements have 3 sides--> an open casement
Also, notice that, you can open and edit any Window or Door (Punch Custom models only)--> modify it and save to your library

Patricia