logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi CDifani

I just checked the file you email me during the weekend
You have a standard manual floor in your plan. You can point it with the 3D selection tool (right bottom of the screen). Notice that if you floor is in the second level, your plan must be in the second level, as you can see in the image attached

An additional resource: if you develop a floor or a ceiling--> select it--> Edit--> Move to plan--> Deck (for example)--> in this way, the floor will appear in the plan with a different color

I am sending by e-mail the plan with the floor deleted

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Patricia G.  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Chris just email me clarifying that the "mystery floor" is the floor in the first level and not in the second one

In this case, is important to note that the fact that one or more elements appear (visually) in the first floor, doesn't mean that they are in the first floor
As you can see in the image attached, it seems to be in the first floor, but it is located in the second floor with elevation= 6"

To locate a floor or other object visible in 3D but not in 2D, there are several options

-->Start with the first level, in the first tab (Foundation) and go over the following tabs (Floor, Electrical, etc). Repeat the process in the second and third floors, with all the tabs , until you find the objects

-->If you have a Punch AS 3000 V7 or Punch AS 4000 V8 or a V10 / V12 program, you can use the 3D selection tool (arrow icon in the lower right corner in Live view) You can select items just on the active floor. So, if you click on the object in live view and it doesn't become active in the plan, try with other level (try all the levels independently of the level where the object seems to be)
I suggest to work with liveview / half view so you can control the plan and the live view at the same time

--> In addition, depending of your Punch version, you can try with the Elevation Editor (Power tools--> Elevation Editor). The floor will be visible--> select--> delete

I am sending the new file to Chris

Patricia
cdifani  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
cdifani

Patricia: Thank you very much for your time and effor, but obviously I must not have explained the situation clearly enough. The floor that is the "trouble maker" is the floor that's floating all by itself, on the bottom or first floor. NOT the flooring that shows on the second floor. I know I can select the upper floor and make changes, etc. No problem doing that. It's that BOTTOM floor that's the problem. It doesn't select, to begin with. So please take a look at that bottom floor. The one that's bare, has nothing around it. That has the second floor 8 feet above it, with no connections, etc., to it.
Patricia G.  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 6, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Chris,

Your message was published today, but I received your e-mail yesterday, so the answer is my message above :-)
Punchhelpers, "Floating Mystery Floor That Defies All Attempts at Deletion" #2, 4 Sep 2007 6:28 pm

I sent two files to you, one with the floor in other color (so you can visualize it) and a second file without the floor

Patricia
ewhips  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
ewhips

Hi Patricia I use the third edition Interior Design Suite and I seem to have a similar problem. My second story was fine the other day. And when I first built the house, I made a floor cutout so that the staircase went all the way up. All of that was fine two days ago, but when I opened the program today, the floor on the second story was floating about a foot higher than where it should have been. I made sure that none of the exterior walls had the autofloor on. I tried using the floor cut out. NOTHING IS WORKING. Please help me!!! ewhips
Patricia G.  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi ewhips,

Third edition of the Punch! Interior Design Suite? .... can you tell me if this is the exact name of your program?

Check these two issues
1 - select one of the exterior walls--> Edit--> set object elevation--> verify if the wall is on the right elevation
2 - Say that initially, you set your walls with elevation 100" using autofloor= 12"--> the autofloor elevation will be 100" and the walls' elevation will be 112"--> now, if in this stage you just unselect the autofloor option, the walls will remain with elevation 112", and you will see a space between the 1st and second floor. So, if this is the issue--> the solution is--> select autofloor--> thickness=1"--> Enter--> unselect autofloor

Let us know if this doesn't solve the problem

Patricia
ewhips  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
ewhips

Thank you very much for trying to help, but I tried doing both ideas and neither of them worked. When you say "right elevation", does that mean 8 feet? If so, then the walls are already at that elevation. The second story has one room that juts out a little farther than the exterior wall for the floor below. That small area where it juts out has no floor problem, but everywhere else on the second floor, the floor is a foot too high. I don't know if that information makes it clearer or not...
Patricia G.  
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi ewhips,

Did you check the floor elevation?

Patricia
Marigot2  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Marigot2

First, I want to thank you guys for your very generous volunteering of your time and brain power! I have searched this forum extensively, and can't find a workable answer to my problem. Anytime I attempt to put a second floor on my building, I get a mysterious floor directly beneath the floor/ceiling I am creating. I have been having this problem, and assumed it was an un-wanted 2nd story floor. I tried deleting it in 3d, and it didn't show up either with the stats (flooring) on the right side of the screen, or the elevation slider, or the set elevation tab. It is as though it wasn't there. The actual floor I did want (created with the "create ceiling" on the first floor) was there, and at the proper elevation (I checked). Today I deleted any floor that was above my 1st floor, and manually drew in a second floor over the walls of my first floor, except for the area where the staircase is. When I looked at the drawing in 3D, there was a floor at 9' (I have 9' walls) and a floor underneath that over the stairs (only) at 8'! Where did this flooring come from? And it is not selectable in either 2D or 3D. This is obviously why my floor cut out doesn't work on the 2nd floor flooring. I hope this isn't too confusing. Is there anything you can think of to help me delete that floor? Thank you in advance.
Patricia G.  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Marigot2,

In Punch there are two types of floors
--> Manual floor--> is the floor created with the floor tool--> this floor can be selected, elevated, etc.
--> Autofloor--> is the floor created automatically by the program when you create the exterior walls--> this floor cannot be selected (alone) in 2D or 3D because it is part of the exterior walls. In order to eliminate it, select the exterior walls--> properties bar--> uncheck Autofloor

Some additional helping notes

--> The ceiling elevation is the bottom face of the ceiling. This means that if the floor of the second floor (for example) is @ 108", and your 1st floor has a ceiling of 12", the ceiling elevation will be 96" and the settings of the cutout will be the same: elevation at 96"and thickness= 12"
--> If you used Autofloor in the 1st floor, the ceiling elevation will be the walls' height + the Autofloor thickness (as described above)
--> If you used a floor in the upper floor, you must consider this thickness in the floor cut

Patricia
Marigot2  
#11 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Marigot2

Thank you so much for your reply! That's what did the trick (usually clicking "landscape" tab).
Patricia G.  
#12 Posted : Monday, April 27, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Marigot2,

You're welcome :-D !!

Thank you for the feedback

Patricia