logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Winter,

The Autofloor makes the difference

If you have a exterior wall with Autofloor= 12" (for example) and you insert a door, the door elevation will be 0", because the door elevation is related with the wall. Same situation with the windows
But if you are going to insert a table on the floor, the object elevation is related with the grass (floor of the Punch world), so the table's elevation will be 12"

Therefore, if your exterior walls have 7'-7", but you are using an Autofloor with 12" (1'), the ceiling elevation should be 8'-7"

Always remember 3 things
--> The ceiling elevation is the bottom face of the ceiling. This means that if you the floor of the second floor (for example) is @ 108", and your 1st floor has a ceiling of 12", the ceiling elevation will be 96" and the settings of the cutout (if you have one) will be the same: elevation at 96"and thickness= 12"
--> If you used Autofloor in the 1st floor, the ceiling elevation will be the walls' height + the Autofloor thickness (as described above)
--> If you used a floor in the upper floor, you must consider this thickness in the floor cut

Hope this helps

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Winter  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Winter

Thanks for responding Patricia! I really appreciate it. I still have a bunch of extra surfaces (floors and ceilings?) that I can't seem to get rid of. I think I have applied your initial info correctly. I think it may have to do with the build ceiling/floor options, which I played with earlier to try and fix the issues. Anyway, it is very difficult to get the ceiling/floor option box to be available at this point, and I'm not sure exactly how/if it is related to the issues. Any ideas? Thanks again, Winter
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Winter,

Glad to know that I helped :-)
1 - To make the ceiling button available, just select the exterior walls (see attached)
2 - A good tip to avoid confusions--> select a floor / ceiling--> Edit--> Move to plan--> (landscape, deck, etc)--> in this way each element will appear with a different color and will be easy to select / move /delete, etc

Let us know if you need additional help

Patricia
Bates, Joe  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Bates, Joe

I am racking my brain and filing through the postings trying to find a way to seperate the ceilings between rooms so that I can use different colors on the ceiling of each room. I have read some posts indicating ways of using landscape or deck editor but I'm not getting it. Can someone help with this? Joe
Patricia G.  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Hi Joe Bates,

Three tips-->
1 - If you wish to create a ceiling for each room--> in the floorplan--> delete the automatic floors or ceilings (if you have)--> use the floor tool (Floor tab)--> outline the room --> elevate this floor to the ceiling elevation--> the ceiling is created for that room--> repeat for all the rooms
2 - If you wish to paint the ceilings in 3D using different colors--> go to live view--> visualize each ceiling--> paint each ceiling using your favorite colors
3 - If you wish to visualize the different ceilings in the floorplan (just 2D), using different colors--> select the ceiling (in the floorplan) --> move to plan--> Landscape (for example)--> this step will change the color of the line (perimeter) of the ceiling in 2D

Patricia