logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Patricia G.  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2008 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Hi Paul

How to....

--> create arrows to point to what my text is referring to--> use the arrow dimension (last dimension tool)

--> shade (or otherwise mark) a section of my plan to show the existing portion--> it is not possible in the Platinum version.

-->locate steel roofing on any material list --> Framing editor Power Tool--> select the pieces--> right click--> set the material--> then go to the estimator Power Tool--> the steel materials will be there

--> get the exposed piers on my cottage to show up on the main 3D and elevation wizard views. They show up in 3D framing wizard--> the foundation pier (or any of the foundation elements) don't show in live view. You can, of course, draw them as 3D objects

-->have 2 floor heights in separate parts of my cottage. I didn't originally create a split level since I have no foundation, only piers. When I create a floor, it ends up going throughout the entire building, leaving one area too high or too low--> unselect the autofloor--> create the floors separately for each area--> select each floor--> set the elevation

get the rafters/trusses to show up in the plan view, despite specifying sizes/spacing in framing wizard. They show up in 3D framing wizard--> structural elements ( like rafters, trusses, etc) appear only the Framing Editor

--> designate trusses as scissor type rather than conventional attic type--> Draw the roof--> Framing editor--> select the roof--> right click--> select Framing Trusses instead of Framing Rafters

Patricia
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store
Shellback87  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Shellback87

i don't think the question was fully answered. if i have a sump pit location with a note how do i design an arrow pointing to that specific location?
Patricia G.  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:00:00 AM(UTC)
Patricia G.

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Really? Why not?
Select the arrow tool => point the object => extend to the text and presto!:-)
If you need a graphic, just lets us know you program name and version number and I'll do an image for you.

Patricia G. / Forum Moderator
--> My website: www.punchhelpers.com
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Windows): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Windows Version
--> My all in one e-book for V19 (Mac): Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V19 - Mac Version
--> My all in one e-book for V18: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials for V18
--> My Home Design e-book: Designing your Dream Home Using Punch Software
--> My all in one e-book for previous versions: Learning Punch Software (R): Training, Tools & Tutorials - 2nd Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Basic & Advanced Training-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Importing, Exporting and Printing-Second Edition
--> My e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Power Tools-Second Edition
--> My free e-book: Learning Punch Software (R): Mini - Tutorials
--> My e-books free video presentation: Pat's e-books
--> My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links
--> My Tips & Tricks notes: https://www.facebook.com/punchhelpers.links/notes
Patricia G.- Forum Moderator
My Website: Punchhelpers
My Facebook page: Punchhelpers on Facebook
My eBooks: Pat’s eBooks
My Store: Punchhelpers Store